Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2013, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Member

the set up I use is as follows , mostly I use the 14ft box trailer , eather running a 30" push , 52" hydro walk , 60 or 72 zero turn , we also have a day where we take the 14ft box and take the 60 and 72 zero turns , then I have a day I use a 10ft open trailer with 30" push mowers and the 52walk , it gets anoying switching everything around etc based on the size of the lawn and not the location , I would love to be able to have one box trailer with everything I need in it and thats it , but I have trouble getting that 14ft trailer into many spots and when I did the measurements I would need like a 20 ft trailer to carry this stuff , just makes it difficult dealing with gates and steep slope etc , what have you guys that have many different types of lawns settled on as the best all around set up and still be able to be very productive and also if you have any advice on reorganizing my current set up. Thanks Again for all the help.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Member

In louisville I run 2 18ft trailers each trailer has turf tiger 61, scag 52 hydro, and a 36 belt drive scag. Then I run a 12 ft trailer with a turf tiger and a 52. Each trailer has 3 stihl fs110, and 3 stihl br600 backpacks
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRKY View Post
In louisville I run 2 18ft trailers each trailer has turf tiger 61, scag 52 hydro, and a 36 belt drive scag. Then I run a 12 ft trailer with a turf tiger and a 52. Each trailer has 3 stihl fs110, and 3 stihl br600 backpacks
on the trailer pictured i haul eather a 60 or 72 zero turn and a 52 hydro walk behind and a 30" push mower on my 14ft trailer , here I have trouble getting that into certain spots , so I run a smaller 10' trailer with the 52" hydro walk and the 30" push mower. How is it pulling a 18ft trailer thru town? I was thinking of getting a new box trailer eather a 18 or 20 ft but the 8.5 wide one , it is real tight getting my 72 in that 14ft trailer. I am just worried I will have trouble navigating through town and backing into driveways etc. How do you deal with your limited access acounts? Is there a big difference between your 12 and the 18 ft trailer as far as parking it etc?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

longer the trailer the easier to back up. I have a few gated homes I just back down their driveway. Ive really never had any problems, but ive been pulling a trailer for 15 years so it comes natural to me when I dont have a trailer on the back I still drive like I do lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

In 2010 I ran a $280 day solo with a 48 wright stander and a new 28 world lawn walkbehind that I had less than a week on 5 x 8 trailer. That ended that night when someone decided they needed it more than me. I need to get back to that type of setup.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Is a $280 kinda day good? Not to completely change the subject of this thread but what is everyone's favorite set up for their properties and how big.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvldesign View Post
Is a $280 kinda day good? Not to completely change the subject of this thread but what is everyone's favorite set up for their properties and how big.
Posted via Mobile Device
For a solo op that is pretty solid. Depends on how many days a week you are mowing, and how many accounts are being mowed. $280 when you think about it is probably only 7 accounts in a day, so that may leave him time for other projects as well, landscape type stuff, but if its just you, 4 days a week thats pretty good cause I would assume you have other projects going as well.

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I think how much per day you make varies depending on how long you are in the business , how driven you are , the type accounts you service , your equipment and how efficient you are. For a relatively new guy in the first 3 years still trying to get everything figured out $280 a day is not to bad , but to make a solid living in this industry and cover your costs you are going to need to get that up a good bit even as a solo op , unless os course you have a full time regular job etc. sorry to hear you lost your stuff , hang in there hope you rebound from it to de better than before.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Yea thats not bad and I was wanting to start anything. Was just curious. And sorry about your stuff and insurance on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuacro View Post
In 2010 I ran a $280 day solo with a 48 wright stander and a new 28 world lawn walkbehind that I had less than a week on 5 x 8 trailer. That ended that night when someone decided they needed it more than me. I need to get back to that type of setup.
How was the 28" world lawn as for as the quality of cut? Could it pretty much replace a pushmower? For a solo your set up is pretty simple and efficient.
Posted via Mobile Device