Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

My website

Hey guys, I need some help with any new ideas, suggestions, critical criticism. Please help me out on improving my website anyway possible thanks.
www.shaneyslawncare.com
Brian Schoenrock
Old 10-16-2011, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok well I will start with my 2cents. Looks good overall, nice and simple. Your list of services on home page has two colors of black or brown, makes it look like a fill in the blank website templet. I would would not say you are available to answer calls 24/7. this is a service you may provide to commercial property managers but not everyone, at least I know I will not be answering my phone at midnight. Are those pics of the stripes your? I not saying they are not but they look familiar, or maybe you posted them on the strips thread? Last pics of your truck, the grey Ford in front of a house with garage door open, screams you work out of your garage on the weekends.

Ok thats just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you, all the stripes are mine I have posted them in the "stripes" thread, I will have to come up with something else about the 24/7 calls like you said, I liked your idea. The truck pics will be updated after this weekends photos at the shop. Do you have any better idea's for stripes, maybe like let leave mower in pic? I am not sure just let me know. Thanks for the ideas and help Brian
Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't have any better ideas for the stripe pics, I think they look good the way they are. I was just curious because they looked familiar. Plus I am in Texas so what do I know about stripes. One more thing since you are going www. Any google search of your company will also lead customers to all your posts on here, just fyi
Old 11-04-2011, 03:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I would add an "about" tab, talk yourself up or maybe tell the story of how your business came to be. Get some certifications like ICPI level one, NCMA SRW, or the tree one(I forget what its called). Do some charity work no matter how small and get that on your site, community involvement has recently become highly desireable to potential clients. Bells and whistles add up and win bids. Get a merchant account so you can put visa mastercard etc. up there. Here is my site which we will be revamping next season and updating our gallery which is about 12 good before and afters shy of what we have done this season. I would like some feed back on mine as well. www.pandblandscaping.com
Old 11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Just updated the website now, tell me if there is anything I can do to improve only did a few minor changes
Old 11-06-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

And to you P&B I would say under maintenance make all your listings start capital letters, I understand you are redoing and revamping your website, a better font choice might be in store, other then that under hardscapes, under your choices, I would add a picture example of each, otherwise the page is just BLAH! didnt get my attention, no color.
Thanks Brian!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like the pictures area. It adds a lot. I look forward to taking some of my own to add to my site. Good job.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job! I like the online payment option. Very cool. In my opinion the fonts could be a little bigger, than again It could be my old eyes.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I didn't read all of the feedback, but I will later. One thing that bothered me a little was your pay now page. I did a test and it brought me to a intuit payment page (very cool...link with your quickbooks?) But it didn't say your company name on it. Just raised a flag for me.