Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I've got a yard boss tiller. Guess I never thought about taking one side of the tines off?
Works like a charm. Don't know how the whole yard boss unit would be though, might be awkward. I use the tiller head on the end of my FS 90.
Quote:

Ive got a Brown bed edger and its awesome for "new" bedlines but to much for maintaining bedlines.

Ill try the Sthil if they actually come out.

I a little worried about the looks of the unit,, will it throw alot of rocks???
Yes, when cutting a new edge, something like a brown edger is the way to go.

As for the rocks, that's why I was never sold on the echo unit. Though the blade looks a little better on the stihl, I'm not sold on that design as the blade speed (just from the look of the gear box) is going to be similar to a sidewalk edger.

That's why I'm a fan of my tiller head. Slower and more torque with the worm drive that's in it. I can also grade out the spoils with it also minimizing raking.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That's interesting white that wasn't my post LOL ANYWAY! I've got a 110 kombi unit with my edger attachment will it be big enough for this thing Stihl recommended to use 130 head? While we're on the subject, I use my hegetrimmer attachment with my 90's are they too small for attachments? I hadn't really had a problem as of yet but thought I may be putting too much on a 90.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
That's interesting white that wasn't my post LOL ANYWAY! I've got a 110 kombi unit with my edger attachment will it be big enough for this thing Stihl recommended to use 130 head? While we're on the subject, I use my hegetrimmer attachment with my 90's are they too small for attachments? I hadn't really had a problem as of yet but thought I may be putting too much on a 90.
I have the 110 also, I think it will be fine for the bed edger. I dont know about the hedge trimmer, but once the clutch is engaged I dont think it matters.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
Kombi isn't homeowner grade, its just their new way of making attachments, but you can put the head on any stihl straight shaft. I have a non-kombi as just use the attachments and store the shafts, everntually will get a kombi, they help keep the dirt away from the power head when changing attachments.
Based on this statement, are you saying that I could remove the attachment from the "half shaft" of the kombi and possibly mount this bed redefiner(or other Kombi attachments) to the base of my FS90r.....or even beter, my FS250r?

Interesting concept if its possible.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
Based on this statement, are you saying that I could remove the attachment from the "half shaft" of the kombi and possibly mount this bed redefiner(or other Kombi attachments) to the base of my FS90r.....or even beter, my FS250r?

Yes, that is correct.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been doing that way for years, before the kombi came out. But now you have to buy the kombi shafts with the attachments, I still dont own a Kombi motor so I have extra shafts that have no real use,lol. Unless I can get a coupler that is on the kombi, then I could use them as extensions, hmmmm.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post

The only pitfall is that eventually you'll ruin a few torque head screws along the way.

No big deal to go pick some extras up and have on hand.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I could see that, but I have yet to strip one, thats why they are torque head, for maximum torque, if anything you would break the stihl wrench head, which I have yet to do. Overall I like the idea of the kombi system, echo had this years prior to stihl, but echo had inferior products IMO. I like the idea of keeping the dirt away from the head.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

OK Fellers I ordered one today and it should be in by Friday. The cost is 249$. The dealer didnt know what I was talking about but he looked it up in his new book.

Ill let everyone know how it works as soon as I try it.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
OK Fellers I ordered one today and it should be in by Friday. The cost is 249$. The dealer didnt know what I was talking about but he looked it up in his new book.

Ill let everyone know how it works as soon as I try it.
Thanks for taking one for the team, hopefully they will come out with the full version soon with a 110 or 130 head.