Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2013, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Pics from yesterday. Soil was a little wet, but still did a reasonable job. Overall, pretty happy with redefiner. Clogs up less when you have the blade spinning before you start your cut.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Look good! They really do a great job for the price...compared to the echo ($800)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you. I agree. I also have any echo, it is a broken window waiting to happen. Throws rocks and mulch everywhere! I have to use the side of my leg to catch debis.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Been reading through these comments as I'm considering one of these for my FS90R. We've got pretty sandy soil here. Anyone think the FS90 will have a problem running it in those conditions?

My dealer says he's sold several to FS90 owners and they can't keep them in stock.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can cut a new edge no problem on my 110 in dry soil. Damp soil, it will build up under the guard and bog out. It will cut it but you will be stopping every so often to clean out the guard. Wet soil, ya don't stand a chance. This is also on my 110. I was going to get the 90 but needed other attachments that the 90 won't power too well. Glad I got the 110!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2013, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
I can cut a new edge no problem on my 110 in dry soil. Damp soil, it will build up under the guard and bog out. It will cut it but you will be stopping every so often to clean out the guard. Wet soil, ya don't stand a chance. This is also on my 110. I was going to get the 90 but needed other attachments that the 90 won't power too well. Glad I got the 110!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
What other attachments won't the 90 power too well? I run the pole pruner, articulating hedger, straight egder and power sweeper with ease with my 90R. If anything would require more power I'd have thought that the power sweeper would in thick grass while cleaning heavy sand and gravel, but nope, it does that with ease at less than full throttle too.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
What other attachments won't the 90 power too well? I run the pole pruner, articulating hedger, straight egder and power sweeper with ease with my 90R. If anything would require more power I'd have thought that the power sweeper would in thick grass while cleaning heavy sand and gravel, but nope, it does that with ease at less than full throttle too.
There ya have it guys, 90 will do just fine. Let's face it, a bigger engine doesn't have to work as hard. I was thinking that the 90 wouldn't power the paddle sweeper or the tiller....no worries tho, I guess the 90 is fine. To each their own...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
There ya have it guys, 90 will do just fine. Let's face it, a bigger engine doesn't have to work as hard. I was thinking that the 90 wouldn't power the paddle sweeper or the tiller....no worries tho, I guess the 90 is fine. To each their own...
Posted via Mobile Device
There's never anything wrong with having even more power IMO, but the 90 does way more than it is generally given credit for by a lot of guys on this site.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
There's never anything wrong with having even more power IMO, but the 90 does way more than it is generally given credit for by a lot of guys on this site.
I'm sure it does a fine job, I was just letting him know what I experienced with the 110. If the 110 struggles a bit, the 90 is obviously gona struggle a little more in the same conditions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-29-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up the redefiner from my dealer today to demo.I bed edged about 300ft in NO TIME! BTW it was all done with my KM90.I have a 110 but made sure my 90 would handle it and it passed with flying colors.It was dry ground but did a AWESOME job. I will be buying one when I return the demo.