Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Any reviews or videos? I'm also very interested in this. I don't know if I should go this route or pick up a small little wonder edger for faster spring clean ups
Old 02-24-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiPop View Post
Any reviews or videos? I'm also very interested in this. I don't know if I should go this route or pick up a small little wonder edger for faster spring clean ups
We have a commercial WB edger that you can adjust the angle on and it works fine as long as your in dry ground but damp or wet ground clogs it real fast, I tried taking the guard off and it slings to much dirt everywhere, I've looked at the stihl unit and I like the design and would fit our kombi head so I'm sure we will be purchasing one sooner rather than later.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I finally tried mine last week, Its very well built, however if you already have something that works I stick with it.

The problem I have its extremely hard to hold a pattern, or a line. The book says to run it wide open throttle, and I dont feel comfortable doing that close to windows or close to a house.

Its nothing close to a Brown Bed edger, however its a good tool over a shovel.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Could someone who has one post a video of it in action? I hate when companies make new products but don't come out with videos and then expect us to buy it without seeing how it works.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

That's what I was afraid of, it looks like it might be hard to hold a straight line with it. cpllawncare, when you say a WB edger you mean a walk behind machine like the little wonder?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiPop View Post
That's what I was afraid of, it looks like it might be hard to hold a straight line with it. cpllawncare, when you say a WB edger you mean a walk behind machine like the little wonder?
Like I say I dont know if I gave the thing a fair assement because I was unwilling to run it at wide open throttle like the manual says, due to the glass windows close by. The blade on the thing has no edge and is thick so it doesnt really cut it "plows". The trench it leaves is dicent. Ill write a review when I can use it more and give it a "fair" assement.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Again I think Stihl dropped the ball by not trying to do a tine that would work on the yard boss tiller head.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You could take off the head and put in on the yard boss, the shaft is the same and the gearbox just slips off like any other machine, but the wheels may impede the use of it (one wheel would be in the bed). Its also only a "bed-definer" which says a lot, plus when you look at actual bed edgers they are huge wheeled contraptions, so comparing it to one of those isn't't fair. I think it will do what it is intended for, which is to freshen up existing edges.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

sorry "bed-redefiner"
Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

So, what is the general concensus on this? I maybe purchasing one this week, but will not if everone is not happy with its performance.
Posted via Mobile Device