Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 02-28-2013, 04:01 PM
LHS Lawns LHS Lawns is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern Shore, MD
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
Yes, you have to walk backwards. One of my guys used it today on some beds and said they turned out great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ok thanks, thats good to know. Its not that I didn't believe my dealer, just looking for a second opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:18 AM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
If you watch the video of the echo unit they're using it walking backwards, kinda makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-25-2013, 09:21 AM
recycledsole recycledsole is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 1,554
any reviews?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 AM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,757
Just throwing this in here.

Here is the yard boss tiller head on the end of my FS-90. Now, in this location I wanted as deep of a trench as possible, so I was going in a direction where the spoils were getting shot into the grass. If I was going the other direction, then would stay in the bed.

The tines are off on one side of the head.

I wanted to post this as I still feel the Stihl and Echo bed re-definer spins the blade too fast and doesn't dig a deep enough trench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQY4C...yer_detailpage



............
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 AM
THEGOLDPRO's Avatar
THEGOLDPRO THEGOLDPRO is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CONNECTICUT
Posts: 5,190
I bought one the other day and played with it for a few minutes in my yard, it seemed to work pretty good, Was hard to tell tho because my beds were still wet and muddy, so it clogged the machine, I suspect it will work amazing on nice dry bed edges.

Ill get some pics of how it does shortly when we start the mulching.
__________________
Official THEGOLDPRO fan club.HERE
2012 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2011 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:49 AM
dlh2 dlh2 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Pace Fl
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Just throwing this in here.

Here is the yard boss tiller head on the end of my FS-90. Now, in this location I wanted as deep of a trench as possible, so I was going in a direction where the spoils were getting shot into the grass. If I was going the other direction, then would stay in the bed.

The tines are off on one side of the head.

I wanted to post this as I still feel the Stihl and Echo bed re-definer spins the blade too fast and doesn't dig a deep enough trench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQY4C...yer_detailpage



............
That appears to work great. I can see how having the option of throwing the spoils to either side of the trench depending on which direction you pull it around the bed would be advantageous. I wonder if mounting a free-spinning wheel on the un-used tiller shaft would make it even easier to use?
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh2 View Post
That appears to work great. I can see how having the option of throwing the spoils to either side of the trench depending on which direction you pull it around the bed would be advantageous. I wonder if mounting a free-spinning wheel on the un-used tiller shaft would make it even easier to use?
They sell that very kit. It's pictured on page 90 of the 2013 Stihl catalog. That same gearbox for the yard boss is used for the mini tiller, edger, power sweep, power broom etc. You can configure it many ways to do almost anything or any type of job. It's also the same gear box that comes with the kombi attachments like the power sweep etc, so anyone who has one of those can do the same thing.

Page 95 of the interactive online catalog-
http://www.stihlcatalog.com/WebProje...abel=88&from=2

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 04-03-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-03-2013, 01:36 PM
CJC3 CJC3 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 22
I used mine for the first time earlier this week. I only used it to recut existing bed. It worked well, I wouldnt say great. I couldnt imagine cutting new bed with this. I used a fs 110r and it seemed alittle underpowered to me I would like to try something with more power.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 PM
THEGOLDPRO's Avatar
THEGOLDPRO THEGOLDPRO is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CONNECTICUT
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJC3 View Post
I used mine for the first time earlier this week. I only used it to recut existing bed. It worked well, I wouldnt say great. I couldnt imagine cutting new bed with this. I used a fs 110r and it seemed alittle underpowered to me I would like to try something with more power.
Its not made to make a new bed, its made for existing beds, hence "Bed RE-Definer", not bed edger.
__________________
Official THEGOLDPRO fan club.HERE
2012 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2011 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:36 PM
TriCityLawnCareLLC's Avatar
TriCityLawnCareLLC TriCityLawnCareLLC is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 976
I'm going in the morning to pick one up. I have some beds at some commercial locations where you can tell there is an edge, but not much of one. GOLDPRO- how well will it do in defining something like that?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Page generated in 0.07790 seconds with 8 queries