Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-26-2015, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Before & After tree service photos with prices

I own a tree service in Phoenix, AZ. For anybody interested in what prices are like in Phoenix I posted a bunch of recent before and after photos of various jobs with descriptions and prices.

Here is an example. Overgrown Mesquite Tree

If you hit the back button at the bottom you can see the rest of the pictures/prices. I'm curious if different parts of the country are higher or lower than we are. We have a huge problem with guys working uninsured and doing cheap work. That drives down prices for everybody. I wonder if you guys in different parts of the country can charge more.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:30 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I hope you do lots of volume.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-27-2015, 05:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow your prices are way to cheap..
Old 06-27-2015, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Well first of all, those are not trees, those are shrubs. LOL

Just kidding.
As I read the OP I wondered to myself what types of trees grow out your way.
Now I know!

I don't do that work - I'll only mess around with small, ornamental trees. I've had lawn customers tell me what they have paid for tree work though, and it was way, way more than those prices.

Also, take a look at the main photo you use for "Tree Removal".
While I could be completely off base, what I see at a glance is a minor wearing no hearing protection and Walmart sunglasses going at it full-bore with a chain saw.
Kinda scary. Insured or not, I would hesitate to call you.
Just an observation for something that could be improved upon and hopefully not taken as being offensive.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Well first of all, those are not trees, those are shrubs. LOL

Just kidding.
As I read the OP I wondered to myself what types of trees grow out your way.
Now I know!

I don't do that work - I'll only mess around with small, ornamental trees. I've had lawn customers tell me what they have paid for tree work though, and it was way, way more than those prices.

Also, take a look at the main photo you use for "Tree Removal".
While I could be completely off base, what I see at a glance is a minor wearing no hearing protection and Walmart sunglasses going at it full-bore with a chain saw.
Kinda scary. Insured or not, I would hesitate to call you.
Just an observation for something that could be improved upon and hopefully not taken as being offensive.
HUH?? I don't agree with that assessment.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Prices along the coast of SC run $900 to $1000 per eight hours of work for tree work.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
I'm sure people that are looking for a tree service dont even notice the guy without hearing protection.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-27-2015, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
You don't have to agree with it, but it's right there for all to see and some will see things differently than you.
Reality does not matter. It could be proven to be a 30 year old woman and shown to be safe protective lenses, but all that matters in an ADVERTISEMENT is what is perceived.
I'm just sharing what I view as a weak image that could be replaced with something better. I have over a decade in graphic design/advertising, so I'm not just pulling this out of my rear end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donamow View Post
I'm sure people that are looking for a tree service dont even notice the guy without hearing protection.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm sure there are, but why would you risk losing just one over something so easily corrected?

Old 06-27-2015, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Member

A few people have mentioned that my prices are cheap and they're right. It's difficult to get much more in Phoenix.

I don't do many Palm trees for that reason. $50 to $55 for a Palm tree represents most of the market. I ask $75 to $100 for Palms but most of the time I can't get it so I pass. Some guys will work so cheap they lose money. I try to avoid that. But honestly sometimes I'm right on the line.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Also, take a look at the main photo you use for "Tree Removal". While I could be completely off base, what I see at a glance is a minor wearing no hearing protection and Walmart sunglasses going at it full-bore with a chain saw. Kinda scary. Insured or not, I would hesitate to call you.
Hehe, nope those are $25 safety glasses from Home Depot. He is fully insured with workers compensation and not a minor. I guess he just looks young.

As for the hearing protection you might be right. He wears ear plugs but I can't see them. Not sure if they were in or out when I took that shot. He does wear them so I don't know if that's just the picture.

Personally I wear a helmet for hearing protection.