Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-22-2015, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Green Dog Turf - Picture Thread

I've been slowly easing my way into the mowing thing. Still doing the full time corporate gig, dreaming of something better. Honestly would like to do welding and fabrication full time someday. But mowing in the summer and welding in the winter would be fine by me. Here's where I'm at thus far.

Got a logo and built a website. It's just a DIY godaddy deal. I'm sure the Greek could write a book on how terrible it is. But I'm still working on it. It is at least a site to go to and way to contact me. Maybe eventually I can pay a Web pro for some of that juicy SEO.

GreenDogTurf.Com
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2015, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Member

I initially bought the Hustler a few years back intending just to mow my own properties with it. I enjoy using it so much the idea of getting paid to run it was just too tempting. And now that the new has worn off, I of course have 7 Iron / Velo dreams for the future. Trying to exercise my restraint though. Gotta see that ROI.

It's a pretty basic set up, but I'm hoping this thread will depict an evolution of the set up over time.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2015, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Member

This time last year I parted out an old Chevy, netting me a free plow. I struggled with the idea of mounting it on my nearly flawless '00 half ton and subjecting it to the rigors of "real work".

I've had a 5.3 motor on a stand in my shop for years, debating if I should use it for something fun or put it to work. Recently I picked up a beater '94 3/4 ton that I think will be getting the 5.3 and the plow. I will also be replacing the rocker panels, cab corners, fenders, tailgate, and probably rebuilding the 4l80e. I'd like to see it wrapped and doing all the dirty work. Leaving my '00 washed waxed and in the garage, unless needed as a backup.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2015, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love the older chevy tucks. Wish I woulda been old enough to by my grandfathers '98 2500 when he sold it. Truck had no miles on it and was spotless. I'd like to do a frame off restoration on a late 60's or early 70's Chevy C100 long bed and drop an LS2 in it and use it for my mowing rig, paint it flat black.

Good luck with business man. I too struggle with buying toys lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-22-2015, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks! I've got some stuff that's gonna have to get cleaned up and sold. Mainly my rock buggy, got that cash earmarked for a plasma table.

Mowed my best client today. Does have a rather steep pond bank that has me contemplating adding a walk behind to my setup. The $/min is almost where I'd like it. I spend too much extra string trimmer time around the pond where I'm worried about sliding in.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2015, 04:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey neighbor, looking good. We may have met before, I've been into wheelin for a long time, just got out of it for now though.