Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
Awesome Cummins man.
Thanks brother
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-28-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Looking real good. Was freezing today, couldnt wait to get done mowing.
You ain't kidding
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-28-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvLandscapeLLC View Post
Still getting comfortable, Im a firm believer that once you get to comfortable with something thats when you get yourself hurt or in trouble.

AGREE 10,000% I just started back into the lawn industry. I just came out of the cell phone industry. I would climb 300- 500 foot towers daily. And you always have to be alert and know what's going on and trust your equipment.
I used the same camera a few times there fun to use. What kind of harness and positioning equipment do you use? I have an elk river climbing harness with a 6ft grillon and then we had 6ft y safety landyards. I prefer an
ex o fit harness tho with the aluminum plate seat. Do you ever use harness with built in seat? How many safety tie off points do you use? Or do just have the boot spikes and the positioning lanyard? We had 100% tie off and then positioning lanyard aka grillon. If can video the equipment you wear to climb.
2 21" 2cyl toro push
echo trimmers
echo back pack blower
Old 04-28-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msturfsurf View Post
AGREE 10,000% I just started back into the lawn industry. I just came out of the cell phone industry. I would climb 300- 500 foot towers daily. And you always have to be alert and know what's going on and trust your equipment.
I used the same camera a few times there fun to use. What kind of harness and positioning equipment do you use? I have an elk river climbing harness with a 6ft grillon and then we had 6ft y safety landyards. I prefer an
ex o fit harness tho with the aluminum plate seat. Do you ever use harness with built in seat? How many safety tie off points do you use? Or do just have the boot spikes and the positioning lanyard? We had 100% tie off and then positioning lanyard aka grillon. If can video the equipment you wear to climb.
For a harness I use a weaver leather cougar with the rope bridge for positioning. As for the climbing tie offs it really depends on the tree and type of work. For example when spur climbing is use two flip lines this allows me to advance the upper flip line over a limb while still keeping positive control on my lower flip line until I move up and then leap frog to the next one. Sometimes depending on the tree even when spur climbing I will still run a climb line to a high point to my unicender as an added safety and use just one flip line. It's more of a reassurance thing I guess. When not spur climbing I mainly use single rope technique (srt) to my unicender for ascent and descent control along with a Pantene ascender on my right foot. Ill try and put a video together of the climbing gear. How did you get involved in the tower work? I'd like to get involved in some access climbing work one of these days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-29-2013, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
No more emissions junk on the cummins went from 12-14 mph to 17-19mpg
That was deffinitely a good move to make!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-29-2013, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya I couldn't believe the difference I was figuring 1-2mpg but no lie on the highway im getting 18 at 75 with 4.10's and 19 at 70mph
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I exactly got an unexpected call from a high school friend his father bought out his employer. He does communications phone internet fax and secerity door locks ect.... Well they bought out a tower company to expand. And they know i'm extreme adrenaline junky so called see if I be interested. I went and got on a crew and started from there. It's an experience some of windy days have mentally talk your way through it. It is the deadliest occupation on the planet. OSHA has done studies more dangerous then the crab boat fisherman. You have to work at extreme heights around very heavy objects. You don't want to sit there over thinking your equipment to long lol. We use same climbing ropes as you guys but you a cat head / captains winch on back of the truck to lift our equipment up to use. I have hung 6ft across 3 feet wide microwave dishes that weigh 300 plus lbs at 500 feet. You got be alert and that's why I quit and I worked for 2 diff companies and I'm DONE!!!!! for life almost died twice last month. Because it's not an easy life we are on the road 300 days out of the year. So a lot of guys find drugs to cope and booze at the watering wholes in each po donk town. But problem is industry is flooded with drugs. And the guys are high off there a$$ most of time. And I'm sober one can't work like that never been my thing. Well I had close call on 500ft guy tower not long ago and that was it. Walked off job site and never went back. Here rush version of the story. 4 man crew We were doing a line change out. it was 1 5/8" coax line. We needed remove line and put new on. Line was hung at 490ft. The guys un did the line and had it on last support which is fine. And was connected to the load rope. Well line got tangled on side light So I went up 20ft on tower undo snatch block. Handed rope to foreman he was physically holding it. And one guy went down to like 450 undo the rope around light. Well last guy stayed up top and was high off his a$$ wasn't thinking. though if I undo last support rope will hold it. I hear a bang look up then back at my foreman he was 12ft off ground above the compound fence. Lucky guy at 450 put his body weight into the line as was falling between his legs guy up top grabbed rope. Guy 450 tied it off to the tower with a strap he had on his harness. Another few feet foreman would let go. If guy at 450 wouldn't reacted so fast would killed us all. Because the line weighs over 800lbs and everything falls at 130ft per second so would broke every guy wire and collapsed whole tower. So if you are thinking about the industry be very very very careful and get on sane sober crew. It's a tough industry but pays decently.
2 21" 2cyl toro push
echo trimmers
echo back pack blower
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Ya I couldn't believe the difference I was figuring 1-2mpg but no lie on the highway im getting 18 at 75 with 4.10's and 19 at 70mph
Posted via Mobile Device
That's awesome!! Just hand calculate it to make sure 100% I love that dodge though!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-22-2013, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Havent been up here in a few weeks so heres some pictures
Attached Images

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfwTTWdT3TEinaALXbIyUVQ

OUR PHOTO THREAD
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=396303
Old 05-22-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's one of my boy