Enough Said...
Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
Chive on big dog,

KCCO from down south
Chive on paw paw

For the ford guys, the truck drove him great last night no smoking no issues whatsoever, I go to start this morning an it just cranks and cranks and cranks and won't fire up. Any ideas? It was 60 degrees out, it wasn't plugged in cycled the glow plugs multiple times according to the glow plug light on the dash and still nothing. Here are my thoughts let me
Know if you have any cheap troubleshooting ideas to the problem. I was gonna go through the stuff in this order
-fuel filter
-glow plug relay
-glow plugs

Now this truck sat for awhile in the guys parking lot not being used prior to purchasing it yesterday one thing I noticed starting it yesterday after running it is that it didn't like to fire right up right after running it so the thing I may be concerned with is the high pressure oil pump or fuel pump but fuel wise there was no sputtering or issues at highway speeds or hesitation crackin the throttle so I'm open to any suggestions here that can try and figure this out
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-18-2013, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvLandscapeLLC View Post
Chive on paw paw

For the ford guys, the truck drove him great last night no smoking no issues whatsoever, I go to start this morning an it just cranks and cranks and cranks and won't fire up. Any ideas? It was 60 degrees out, it wasn't plugged in cycled the glow plugs multiple times according to the glow plug light on the dash and still nothing. Here are my thoughts let me
Know if you have any cheap troubleshooting ideas to the problem. I was gonna go through the stuff in this order
-fuel filter
-glow plug relay
-glow plugs

Now this truck sat for awhile in the guys parking lot not being used prior to purchasing it yesterday one thing I noticed starting it yesterday after running it is that it didn't like to fire right up right after running it so the thing I may be concerned with is the high pressure oil pump or fuel pump but fuel wise there was no sputtering or issues at highway speeds or hesitation crackin the throttle so I'm open to any suggestions here that can try and figure this out
Posted via Mobile Device
probably not the fuel filter, maybe the high pressure oil pump, my guess would be the cam shaft position sensor or crankshaft postion sensor whichever they have. then maybe a the high pressure oil pump, how's the oil level? low oil level will cause a harder start but to have a no start. could the pcm, or glow plug wiring harness which is in the valve cover gasket. my 97 7.3 always started right up, try plugging it in, if it starts its either the glow plugs, the relay, the harness or the injectors. injector o-rings will cause a hard start. go on powerstroke nation.com and register you can find the answer to your problems there.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had a similar issue when I got my first powerstroke. Ended up needing new batteries.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know Im a couple months behind lol

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 11-18-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Member

This is what I came up with for propane tanks. I do a few a week and found sometimes the 1,000 are much to long to fit say between the customers house and garage so I lift one end and set it on this trailer axle that has c channel mounted to it and pull it like a trailer. Once i have it to the hole i just lift that end remove the axle and set the tank. My Cat does well setting it but its a tad heavy to carry around .Just thought I'd share that , it has worked very well for me

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.p...1&d=1384824012
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup you got there bro, strong work. Wednesday where doing 250' of trench for a gas line in westport should be decent dig

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfwTTWdT3TEinaALXbIyUVQ

OUR PHOTO THREAD
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=396303
Old 11-18-2013, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, line is the best money for us so we always jump at that. Is that 3/4 plastic for that distance? Also I didn't see any magnesium anode bags with that tank. Just curious if they aren't used in your area?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stihljixxer View Post
Thanks, line is the best money for us so we always jump at that. Is that 3/4 plastic for that distance? Also I didn't see any magnesium anode bags with that tank. Just curious if they aren't used in your area?
Anode bag was there just couldn't see it in the picture
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Adv my 7.3 would use up a glow plug relay every few years, I would try that it was a cheap fix. It's behind the fuel filter on top of the motor.