Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking For Expert Advice on Industry Problems

And where better to find it than a place like this?

Hi everyone, I'm a designer and programmer who's thinking about putting together a product that people running landscaping businesses might find useful. However, I don't want to pitch or sell anything to anybody. For me this is just about making sure I go in a direction that will make a difference.

I just want to ask you about your business and how you do things. I want to try to understand you and what your day looks like so I can plan to do something that's actually helpful to others… instead of trying to prescribe solutions to problems people don't care about.

I'm trying to understand the work from A to Z — and then figure out how I might be able to use what I know to make some part of the process faster, or easier, or better.

So if you have a few minutes and wouldn't mind giving me some thoughts, would you do so?

Right now, in the process of doing your job every day, what are some problems, or frustrations, or recurring annoyances, that you run into regularly?

(It can be anything: hiring, managing customers, billing, problems with equipment, literally anything. My particular skills are design and programming, but I'm looking at the broader picture too, and trying to understand the problems I can't necessarily identify, or try to solve, on my own.)

Again, I don't have anything to sell now — I'm just trying to understand the industry well enough that I can go in a direction that helps people, and any regular problems or frustrations you can think of would be a huge help to that end.

Thanks so much for your time and for checking this out.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to say " Go do the type work we do" then you will know the real issues we face reguardless of our companies size. If not ,your only going to know half the issues and your product will be just lthe same as others .