Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2013, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
How old are you? Too old IMO. Old and cranky. Too old to type out a proper sentence. Too old to punctuate. I'll never be that old. I'll also never be too old and cranky enough to have a pissin match on lawnsite. I'll also never be old enough to not be able to read and comprehend.

Now, you can choose to apologize or you can put me on ignore. I'm fine with either option.
Then you must be to young to spell right
I know you are young now You don't know what you are going use the Fert License for To help you out You going to lawn treatments take care of weeds You need a Applicator License
Maybe in your state you need a Fert License But I never heard of that type License

Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions
I know little to nothing about that side of the business. Never said I did, either. Just said I'm taking the first step which is getting the liscense. I doubt I even mention I have the liscense for a good 2-3 years.

I'm not interested in how much money you make or anything of that sort, though. That's kind of rude to discuss openly IMO. This ain't a pissin contest
Old 02-02-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I consider myself skilled. I have a very extensive knowledge of plant materials, proper planting and care techniques. I have college background in Horticulture. I am a licensed Arborist, irrigation contractor, Ornamental & Turf Applicator, Landscape/Horticulturist. I maintain my certifications with yearly continuing education classes and constantly educating myself and others of new info in this industry. I have a good eye for design and balance in new landscapes and enhancing mature landscapes
Posted via Mobile Device
Always enjoy reading your posts mate
Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
How old are you? Too old IMO. Old and cranky. Too old to type out a proper sentence. Too old to punctuate. I'll never be that old. I'll also never be too old and cranky enough to have a pissin match on lawnsite. I'll also never be old enough to not be able to read and comprehend.

Now, you can choose to apologize or you can put me on ignore. I'm fine with either option.
Could've fooled me with that one
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Then you must be to young to spell right
I know you are young now You don't know what you are going use the Fert License for To help you out You going to lawn treatments take care of weeds You need a Applicator License
Maybe in your state you need a Fert License But I never heard of that type License

Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions
I know little to nothing about that side of the business. Never said I did, either. Just said I'm taking the first step which is getting the liscense. I doubt I even mention I have the liscense for a good 2-3 years.

I'm not interested in how much money you make or anything of that sort, though. That's kind of rude to discuss openly IMO. This ain't a pissin contest
You got me! I spelled it wrong. I'm 32 years old by the way.

The license is from the pesticide and fert division in Ohio. The license is titled commercial applicator, though. I said I doubt I'll even offer these services for a few years. I'm not gonna go sprayin without the knowledge.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 02-02-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mow, Blow and GO! And the most important thing I've learned in this business that anybody can do is, Don't get upset over a LS post's.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Never say the " never too old".

It sneaks up on you like a theif in the night

I can remember saying "if it is too loud then your too old"
Now I catch myself yelling "turn that crap down"
Unless it is some good old 80's stuff like Run DMC, Tears for Fears, ect....
then we can turn it up for 5 or 10 minutes
Old 02-02-2013, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Never say the " never too old".

It sneaks up on you like a theif in the night

I can remember saying "if it is too loud then your too old"
Now I catch myself yelling "turn that crap down"
Unless it is some good old 80's stuff like Run DMC, Tears for Fears, ect....
then we can turn it up for 5 or 10 minutes
I'm 32, but feel much older. We just bought a Cadillac DTS today, actually. What a sweet ride! What time does Bingo start? Where's my teeth?

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I don't see how my comments reflect that image at all. Not to anyone with sense, at least.

I also never said there was no skill involved in concrete work. There obviously is. I did say there is minimal skills required for lawn maintenance. The point I'm trying to make is that I think too many people worry about that while their customers wouldn't even give it a second thought. That's a lot of wasted time and anguish worrying over something that matters very little. I said the machines in the lawn maintenance are what makes the quality...and nothing anyone says will change my mind. It's just a fact.

Concrete work, carpentry, hardscaping, etc...that's a different subject all together. You must have the necessary skills to succeed in those areas.
No question about that. Lawn maintenance, though? Nah. That's cake work. We're getting the makiority of the work because people do not want to do it or do not have the time or physical capabilities to do it. We're not grass whisperers. We do not point mowers in a straight line better than others. We're just there...at the right place at the right time. Nothing more.
Math is a problem for younger people.

I recently read an "in depth" article concerning the problems younger people are having to deal with these days when it comes to math skills needed to succeed in the world of building (and other related jobs that involve math).

The article said that, as a result of very thorough testing involving math problems, they found that 47% of people under 30 years old had the equivalent of a 6th grade level when it comes to math skills.

Stop and think about that for a moment....47% are at a 6th grade level when it comes to math!

47%.....that's almost a third!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I'm 32, but feel much older. We just bought a Cadillac DTS today, actually. What a sweet ride! What time does Bingo start? Where's my teeth?
Wow! I started my corporation in 1971. Now I feel much older.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I believe I stated that several times too. Lot's of ego and hubris on this site.

I'm positive 99.9% of people can't build a deck like me. That takes skill. Mowing a lawn doesn't. There's a huge difference between the 2 things.
Can I be in your club? The old and the new. By myself. You can't see the pattern in the decking but it's the same as the handrails. The handrails are a little odd but that's what the HO wanted. I also put a SunSetter 20' retractable awning on there too.
Attached Images