Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-04-2003, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

PayPal used for AutoPayments???

Read the article Jim Lewis had written on the AutoPay system. I think it is definetly a great system and I want to implement it immediately. Now that paypal offers "Subscription Services" I was thinking of possible ways to bill them using this. Do you think this would work? Any recommmendations on how you would set this up?
Thanks!
Old 02-04-2003, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use paypal, but not the automatic service. My customers can go to my web site, click on the secure pay pal information and pay the amount of their invoice directly into my checking. All of my customers love it and it is one of the best investments that I have ever done.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tiedeman
I use paypal, but not the automatic service. My customers can go to my web site, click on the secure pay pal information and pay the amount of their invoice directly into my checking. All of my customers love it and it is one of the best investments that I have ever done.
Do you have to add the Paypal link to your site yourself? Is it difficult to add? How does paypal get paid and how does it compare to a regular merchant credit card account with a local bank?

Thanks for your help,

Gary
Old 02-06-2003, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

go to PayPal and read up on the information...once you apply and go setup the account, they will first send a small amount of deposit to your checking account to see whether it will work or not..after you find out the amount that was deposited you come back to the site, enter the amount that was deposited and then you are approved to accept paypal and are verified.

There is a fee though. For example I just received a $90.00 payment, but $2.91 was taken away for a fee. But most of my customers go away for the winter to Arizona, Florida, and Cali so it sometimes takes 2 to 3 weeks to receive payments. If it only costs me $2.91 to receive a payment 2 weeks faster then that is what I choose.

I really like it and my customers love it.

Go my web site www.tiedemanlawnlandscaping.com and click on the PayPal link on the front page. That will take to to the payment page and you can kind of see how the customers pay.