Register free!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=[B]ted putnam[/B];4663772]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post

My backpacks have paddles in them which the Echo likes to call "agitation" but I've been known to do the "backpack boogie" when I'm pretty sure nobody is watching, especially when I first fill.

I like it when you kinda over fill the thing and maybe the lid gasket isn't mint and you slide it on and weed control goes down your back into the crack of your ass.

good times.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Seriously? If it takes a certain amount to kill weeds and you empty out a backpack and the absolute most amount of a product including round up if 10% of the amount called for is what are you worried about? The left over residue is way too weak to do anything.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I keep a few rubber grommets on hand just to be safe.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=Cadzilla;4664029]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
ted putnam[/B];4663772]

I like it when you kinda over fill the thing and maybe the lid gasket isn't mint and you slide it on and weed control goes down your back into the crack of your ass.

good times.
That's why i only put 3 gals in mine and it's not so heavy

Charles Cue
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=CHARLES CUE;4664083]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post

That's why i only put 3 gals in mine and it's not so heavy

Charles Cue
Yeah. Me too usually but sometimes it's brimmed.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will P.C. View Post
I keep a few rubber grommets on hand just to be safe.
I check mine now and then and lube them up with some fluid film. Also makes it easier to break the seal when they are pressurized and doesn't degrade the rubber as far as I can tell. I've replaced a few over time.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Don't know about your state, but mine does not encourage collection/storage of tank rinsates. The law is to spray out tank washings out onto a labeled site for the product in question. If it is a lawn herbicide, it should be sprayed out onto a lawn. If it is a non selective, then a non crop/uncultivated area. Centralized mixing/loading/disposal sites easily become sources of contamination.
This was my concern. I figure most wash their tanks at a shop or home, it would start to build up and was wondering if anyone used a type of containment system for that purpose.

I know it may seem overkill but I have not done things properly in the past and until I got my license I have been paying more attention to details. I'm no newbie, and probably been spraying round up before many of you were even born. Just never stop learning, ya know...
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
This was my concern. I figure most wash their tanks at a shop or home, it would start to build up and was wondering if anyone used a type of containment system for that purpose.

I know it may seem overkill but I have not done things properly in the past and until I got my license I have been paying more attention to details. I'm no newbie, and probably been spraying round up before many of you were even born. Just never stop learning, ya know...
And thats the way it should be. Nothing wrong with following the rules and treating this all with respect. Another tip for you new guys and especially guys that don't use a lot of product is to not over fill. Only load what you need so you don't end up with a bunch of extra.

But remember where you are and whats going on and what you plan to do, and empty the tank on a lawn or the property you loaded it for...if after that you don't plan on using the sprayer for a week or so.

Plus...This is Important. You guys should not be loading flowables, wettable powders, powders of any kind, suspensions or emulsifiable(sp) concentrates in your sprayers or you are asking for trouble.

Liquids only please.

I think the reason why some of you keep blowing out sprayers is because your trying to spray product through there that really has no business being in the sprayer, let alone sitting for ANY length of time.

I never clean my sprayers other than when winterizing because they are dedicated and I only spray liquids.....and there is nothing to gunk up or clog or corrode.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post

I have never had a problem mixing and washing out on site. If anything, transport of mixed solutions on the road is not encouraged either. Ground termite treatment is a big thing in my state. The PCO's do not roll around town with 100 or 200 gallon loads on their trucks. They fill and use up solutions on site.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-03-2013, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
I have used this and seem to like the product so far.
It gives security. You feel it worked.
Posted via Mobile Device