Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-03-2013, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmd101 View Post
It gives security. You feel it worked.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have not used it for anything dramatic lately. However I used to be limited at one time to one backpack sprayer because I was waiting on one to arrive at the dealer for a warranty issue. During that time I had to use it off and on for RU Quick Pro as well as pesticides used on shrubs. I was really concerned about doing this and was going to just buy another BP and incur the expense until my a lesco rep in Longwood suggested this.

I was overly cautious about this but they ensured me all would be well if I did a good job cleaning it. I did. I would first flush with regular water, then the solution mix and then water again and water one more time. It worked without any injury to the plants sprayed during that week.

I continue to use it every so often just to clean the backpacks out even though there once again is a dedicated backpack to just RU. However I find that sometimes the Quick Pro is not as water soluble at times and I end up with a oat meal looking residue on the bottom of the tank that can clog the hose if left unresolved.

Overall the product seems to work well to me, but who knows if I had flushed the tank with 4 gallons of water it might of works just as well.

The other thing I have noticed it is useful for. I use the lesco concentrate market dye for the RU. It is a pain if the bottle leaks and gets on your hand and you look like you have smurf thumbs for a week even with lava soap etc. If you use just a little of this on your moist hands and rub it does a pretty good job of making you not have smurf thumbs/fingers.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My backpacks cost around $600 each. Also do not have room for 4 different skid sprayers either. If I am changing from non selective to selective, it gets neutralized. When going from other turf to seashore paspalum, it gets neutralized. I use All Clear or Tank and Equipment Cleaner sold by Agrium.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-03-2013, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
I have not used it for anything dramatic lately. However I used to be limited at one time to one backpack sprayer because I was waiting on one to arrive at the dealer for a warranty issue. During that time I had to use it off and on for RU Quick Pro as well as pesticides used on shrubs. I was really concerned about doing this and was going to just buy another BP and incur the expense until my a lesco rep in Longwood suggested this.

I was overly cautious about this but they ensured me all would be well if I did a good job cleaning it. I did. I would first flush with regular water, then the solution mix and then water again and water one more time. It worked without any injury to the plants sprayed during that week.

I continue to use it every so often just to clean the backpacks out even though there once again is a dedicated backpack to just RU. However I find that sometimes the Quick Pro is not as water soluble at times and I end up with a oat meal looking residue on the bottom of the tank that can clog the hose if left unresolved.

Overall the product seems to work well to me, but who knows if I had flushed the tank with 4 gallons of water it might of works just as well.

The other thing I have noticed it is useful for. I use the lesco concentrate market dye for the RU. It is a pain if the bottle leaks and gets on your hand and you look like you have smurf thumbs for a week even with lava soap etc. If you use just a
little of this on your moist hands and rub it does a pretty good job of making you not have smurf thumbs/fingers.
I feel the amount of remaining residue left, if you spray till mostly air. Will insure once you fill 4gal of water with that residue. The dilution of a normal non selective would become a, part per nothing gonna happen.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-03-2013, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post

The other thing I have noticed it is useful for. I use the lesco concentrate market dye for the RU. It is a pain if the bottle leaks and gets on your hand and you look like you have smurf thumbs for a week even with lava soap etc. If you use just a
little of this on your moist hands and rub it does a pretty good job of making you not have smurf thumbs/fingers.
I feel the amount of remaining residue left, if you spray till mostly air. Will insure once you fill 4gal of water with that residue. The dilution of a normal non selective would become a, part per nothing gonna happen. What could die would cost less to replace than your spray. It's probably cheap annuals or something cheap to replace.
Posted via Mobile Device