Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Ditch Witch Diesel Engine Problems

We bought a Ditch Witch SK650 the other day. Did a full filter change and after changing the fuel filters we can not get the machine to prime back up and start.

Whats the process to prime this Kubota engine so we can get her rolling again? Not doing us much good sitting in the shop. Thanks

Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Member

I dont know how the filter is in position on that machine. If can fill the filter full of diesel try turning it over .if still nothing crack all lines from the injector pump to the injector at the injectors themselves and spin it over to fuel is coming out.tightening the lines one at time quickly while still turning over. Just dont turn it over too long at one time you might risk burning up the starter this is how I purge it on my tractor. Also you might have a bleed screw on the injector pump its self. Hope this is helpful.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What he said. Always fill the filters up with diesel.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblc View Post
Not doing us much good sitting in the shop.
I know that feeling, had a bobcat that had a problem a few weeks back, not alot of diesel mechanics here. Here are a couple of suggestions you can try since you didn't post what motor is in the Ditch Witch

Find a Ditch witch dealer and call their service/parts dept and see if they will fax or E mail you a copy of the Kubota manual

Or if you know what motor you have, do a Google search for it. There are alot of PDFs out there online you can down load.

If you have done all this and had no luck, post what motor you have in it and I'll do what I can to help you out

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic

RTFM What a concept

Old 03-02-2013, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I find no where on the machine an electric fuel pump - so how do the lines fill back up after change? Turn the key.... No electric pump comes on. And I do not see one where the fuel system is. I'll look on the machine to see what model the kubota diesel is and let you know.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There will be a fuel primer bulb that you're going to have to squeeze about 20 to 30 * to get fuel back in the lines
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Member

We hooked the fuel system to another machine with kubota diesel engine and allowed that machine (with electric pump) to fill the lines. We finally got it to crank by doing it that way.
Posted via Mobile Device