Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
that's sort of how I feel. the $200+ racks don't seem superior in any way or offer anything the cheap ones can't.

I see your daughter likes to be like daddy.
Yes she does! The more expensive racks have features built in to not allow trimmer to spin or shift while driving. Also, some have a locking mechanism which would be nice I won't lie. Other than that and maybe they're a bit lighter(who cares) there's no other advantages to them. I am buying a few small locks to keep mine secured once I get mowing.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
I'll vouch for the Lowes trimmer rack. I mean for $75 it really is a good deal. I stuffed some foam pads in there to keep the trimmers from moving around on me. It works really well. I swapped out the bolts that came with it for some better ones and its very sturdy. A trimmer rack is a trimmer rack if you ask me. Why waste money on expensive ones?
Do the ones from lowes have locks?? hard to tell in the picture but it looks like its just a hitch type pin with a cotter pin in the bottom. just curios because I def want mine to lock up but im sure I could figure something out
21" Honda
Stihl FS90R
Stihl KM130R
Husqvarna 145BT backpack blower
4HP Craftsman walk behind edger
7X14 tandem enclosed trailer
Old 02-05-2013, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Greentouch has my vote. Worth every penny, especially considering this is what I do for a living why would I cheap out vs having a quality product that fullfills my needs and makes my day go by with less hassle.
Why in the heck would I buy a rack that has to be modified? I buy a racking system, i expect it to do the job it is intended to do without me making a modification. My time is valuable to me in the field, there is only so many hours of day light and taking time to screw around with a rack system I bought expecting to meet my expectations is not on my agenda.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Greentouch has my vote. Worth every penny, especially considering this is what I do for a living why would I cheap out vs having a quality product that fullfills my needs and makes my day go by with less hassle.
Why in the heck would I buy a rack that has to be modified? I buy a racking system, i expect it to do the job it is intended to do without me making a modification. My time is valuable to me in the field, there is only so many hours of day light and taking time to screw around with a rack system I bought expecting to meet my expectations is not on my agenda.

And it matches your equiptment!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamYardsale4 View Post
Do the ones from lowes have locks?? hard to tell in the picture but it looks like its just a hitch type pin with a cotter pin in the bottom. just curios because I def want mine to lock up but im sure I could figure something out
No but you can put a mini lock in the pin to keep them locked on.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
And it matches your equiptment!
Yes it does. It actually matches my company colors which are blue and yellow.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post

well for me the ones from lowes do just that.

I never modified mine except for cut a few pieces of wood to put in the slots so the trimmer won't move.

lets see rack from lowes $75. pieces of wood I already had $0. time spent cutting wood maybe 5 min. somehow I must be missing something in my math to see how that adds up to the $200+ these company's are charging for racks.

to each there own though.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah and all I did was swap out the bolts which wasn't really a necessity. I'm just weird like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I really like your shovel holder though. I can't say I NEED one, but I definitely want one!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the lockable trimmer rack from Trinity Iron Images. They have held up quite well and I haven't experienced any rotation using my Echo trimmers with the thicker handle/grips. I have an older Echo edger with the thinner grip. I just cut a rubber hose to size and slid it on the existing clear tubing using hairspray. Works great for me.