Get rid of sticks/leaves/trash on turf, driveway, beds
Scalp bermuda
shape up the hedges
lay fresh pine straw in beds and around trees
deadhead the knockouts

prep soil beds and plant some perennials

Some guys will fertilize azaleas

topdress the bermuda

Every yard and client will have different needs and you will notice potential up sales on each property. Some places you will be in and out in 30 minutes while other could take some time
Old 02-07-2013, 07:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlin428 View Post
... Also, can you elaborate on why I shouldn't remove mulch from the beds? I thought that playing new much is almost a standard when it comes to spring cleaning from what I have read? ...
I assume you meant ""placing new mulch"" and that is exactly why I brought it up... some h.o.s will be absolutey beside themselves if you did 'what you read'... other h.o.s are as clueless as the locs... here's what I mean...

I had a bed that was stuggling under a clump of trees that did not have irrigation running through it... nicely designed perennial bed that would eventually 'fill in' once they got established and took off... The client uses a large crew company once in a while when a large crew is needed for specific projects and they're great... but after 3-5 years of establishing the beds with mulch already decaying into the soil and the roots growing into the mulch and beginning to thrive, these morons came in and cleaned up everything right down to the dirt even leaving exposed roots...
I quit taking care of that property as a result... you don't want to be known as the guy that does something like that...

if one wishes to freshen up the look in the Spring, you can do that w/out removing the mulch that is starting to be useful to the plants...

Tags
clean , spring , spring clean up , spring cleanup