Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticLandCrafters,LLC View Post
Why would anyone spend their money and time to become licensed just to give away free info to help the competition do a good job. Lol The fertilizer calculations, mulch calculations, soil calculations, soil chart, UTFC, etc. are all in the licensing manual from the LDAF Horticulture Commission. If your serious about being a "Quality" landscaper then you might want to get yourself one. If not, then keep eye balling everything so I can be the best out there.
It is funny to see people post this on a site like this. If you did not know this site is to help people out that have questions about this industry. Also like what was stated before, calculations do not make you a "Quality Landscaper". That comes from experience and asking questions on a forum like this. Sorry to hijack this thread, but it just irritates me when people think they obtained a basic license and think they are better than everyone else. Oh and if you think I am wrong or just saying this because I have no Certifications, I hold these various degrees and Certifications. CLT-E through PLANET, ICPI Certified in pavers, State pesticide applicator, and hold two degrees in Landscape Management and Turfgrass Management.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Good lord. You need some sleep. Lol. Do what that one guy said. Get the app for your phone. Or call the mulch place and give them your numbers. The longer you do this it gets simple. I can now just look at a bed and know what I need. Looks to me you have a lot of weeds to pull there. Spray it first if you have a chemical license to kill the weeds. Then pull them and add the preen or such. I add my pre merge to to top of the mulch to get what weeds are in the mulch as well. Some do under much. But that will not stop what's above the pre merge. I look at a 10x10 bed and just know that to top dress at 1" it will be a yard . The deeper you need just add that. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2013, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This all you need to remember

To fig mulch I use this formula. Just remember LxWxT divided by 324. That is length and width in feet and thickness in inches. The 324 converts it to cu yards. And as you know not all bobcat buckets are a full yd.

XW2200,XW2401,2006 XT3300 72 in,2013 Classic 3360;John Deere Gs30 Walkbehind,'85 Chevy 1 ton,03Chevy 3/4 ton,10 ft and 16 ft trailers,Redmax,Honda, and Shindaiwa handhelds