Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
Looks like you have it figured out. Let us know how it goes in the home owner response.
i am hoping it goes well. These cards will be going on the 2nd week of March. And i might be ordering a double batch if they go well.

Insured and Licensed
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Man u got the gears in my head spinning. I gotta focus and finish this baby room first.
Posted via Mobile Device
Haha. I love carpentry and painting, wish i was closer i would come help. Always changing something in my office, house, garage ect.

Insured and Licensed
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
Subscribed, I have thought about doing this myself.
first time i am ever doing this and normally i am very nervous about shelling out thousands of dollars in "hope" for people to call. But with the last years turn out and people calling me this winter for snow plowing from a flier i sent out 2 1/2 years ago, i think this well be a pretty succesful attepmt to grow in the right direction. Maybe try it every other month and see how it goes for now.

Insured and Licensed
Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
first time i am ever doing this and normally i am very nervous about shelling out thousands of dollars in "hope" for people to call. But with the last years turn out and people calling me this winter for snow plowing from a flier i sent out 2 1/2 years ago, i think this well be a pretty succesful attepmt to grow in the right direction. Maybe try it every other month and see how it goes for now.
I wanting to do something like this to help pay for a dump truck. It would be nice to have for installs and leaf cleanup but not really needed for daily work. I also have a great guy lined up to run one if all he did was deliver.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I wanting to do something like this to help pay for a dump truck. It would be nice to have for installs and leaf cleanup but not really needed for daily work. I also have a great guy lined up to run one if all he did was deliver.
That was my thinking too. I have many people wanting to work. And i also have an uncle on disability that could drive a truck for me as well.

If i was able to get 500 yards of mulch delivered per season, i could literally buy one new truck per year just with that income alone.

Where i guess i want to head with the mulch deliveries, is to own a supply shop. We have some decent shops around us but Angelos and mains are the main ones and they are all a 35 minutes drive there, and another 35 min drive back. There are some small places where i go that are 25 minutes round trip, but there is a TON of companies in my area that i know will use me if i can open up a shop and carry mulch and have an area to dump materials, and maybe 21aa, slag, and stone. I have been looking for property to build a shop and later turn into a retail supplier for landscape companies, but i have to get the accounts before i ever do this.

1000 yards of mulch delivered per season. 5 yards per delivery average, is 200 total deliveries. I probably could do 20 deliveries a day if they were in close proximity to where i load. Thats only 10 days of work to make over 25k in mulch profit including delivery.

Tell me i am wrong? Is this not a great niche business to get into?

Insured and Licensed
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
That was my thinking too. I have many people wanting to work. And i also have an uncle on disability that could drive a truck for me as well.

If i was able to get 500 yards of mulch delivered per season, i could literally buy one new truck per year just with that income alone.

Where i guess i want to head with the mulch deliveries, is to own a supply shop. We have some decent shops around us but Angelos and mains are the main ones and they are all a 35 minutes drive there, and another 35 min drive back. There are some small places where i go that are 25 minutes round trip, but there is a TON of companies in my area that i know will use me if i can open up a shop and carry mulch and have an area to dump materials, and maybe 21aa, slag, and stone. I have been looking for property to build a shop and later turn into a retail supplier for landscape companies, but i have to get the accounts before i ever do this.

1000 yards of mulch delivered per season. 5 yards per delivery average, is 200 total deliveries. I probably could do 20 deliveries a day if they were in close proximity to where i load. Thats only 10 days of work to make over 25k in mulch profit including delivery.

Tell me i am wrong? Is this not a great niche business to get into?
You are 100% right. I am at the point of needing a place to keep materials as well. After thinking about this some more I Started looking at international LoPro trucks. Small enough to be easy to load and bigger/cheaper than an NPR or F550. I can get a 75 yard load of mulch delivered for $850 or can keep going and getting 20 yards at a time for $350, that's a lot of money being left on the table if you ask me.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How was it working with bob at plan it graphics? If he does a design for u, do u have to order the postcards from them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2013, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like the postcard. Interested on how this turns out. I like the idea.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
How was it working with bob at plan it graphics? If he does a design for u, do u have to order the postcards from them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Bob is great to work with. If he designs it you can pay 50 dollars more to just have the design .

Insured and Licensed
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
You are 100% right. I am at the point of needing a place to keep materials as well. After thinking about this some more I Started looking at international LoPro trucks. Small enough to be easy to load and bigger/cheaper than an NPR or F550. I can get a 75 yard load of mulch delivered for $850 or can keep going and getting 20 yards at a time for $350, that's a lot of money being left on the table if you ask me.
Your only paying 17.5 per yard. That's pretty damn good.12 is very good though.

Insured and Licensed