Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 PM
DLONGLANDSCAPING DLONGLANDSCAPING is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham,MI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
Looks like you have it figured out. Let us know how it goes in the home owner response.
i am hoping it goes well. These cards will be going on the 2nd week of March. And i might be ordering a double batch if they go well.
__________________

Insured and Licensed
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 PM
DLONGLANDSCAPING DLONGLANDSCAPING is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham,MI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Man u got the gears in my head spinning. I gotta focus and finish this baby room first.
Posted via Mobile Device
Haha. I love carpentry and painting, wish i was closer i would come help. Always changing something in my office, house, garage ect.
__________________

Insured and Licensed
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
DLONGLANDSCAPING DLONGLANDSCAPING is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham,MI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
Subscribed, I have thought about doing this myself.
first time i am ever doing this and normally i am very nervous about shelling out thousands of dollars in "hope" for people to call. But with the last years turn out and people calling me this winter for snow plowing from a flier i sent out 2 1/2 years ago, i think this well be a pretty succesful attepmt to grow in the right direction. Maybe try it every other month and see how it goes for now.
__________________

Insured and Licensed
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
first time i am ever doing this and normally i am very nervous about shelling out thousands of dollars in "hope" for people to call. But with the last years turn out and people calling me this winter for snow plowing from a flier i sent out 2 1/2 years ago, i think this well be a pretty succesful attepmt to grow in the right direction. Maybe try it every other month and see how it goes for now.
I wanting to do something like this to help pay for a dump truck. It would be nice to have for installs and leaf cleanup but not really needed for daily work. I also have a great guy lined up to run one if all he did was deliver.
__________________
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM
DLONGLANDSCAPING DLONGLANDSCAPING is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham,MI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
I wanting to do something like this to help pay for a dump truck. It would be nice to have for installs and leaf cleanup but not really needed for daily work. I also have a great guy lined up to run one if all he did was deliver.
That was my thinking too. I have many people wanting to work. And i also have an uncle on disability that could drive a truck for me as well.

If i was able to get 500 yards of mulch delivered per season, i could literally buy one new truck per year just with that income alone.

Where i guess i want to head with the mulch deliveries, is to own a supply shop. We have some decent shops around us but Angelos and mains are the main ones and they are all a 35 minutes drive there, and another 35 min drive back. There are some small places where i go that are 25 minutes round trip, but there is a TON of companies in my area that i know will use me if i can open up a shop and carry mulch and have an area to dump materials, and maybe 21aa, slag, and stone. I have been looking for property to build a shop and later turn into a retail supplier for landscape companies, but i have to get the accounts before i ever do this.

1000 yards of mulch delivered per season. 5 yards per delivery average, is 200 total deliveries. I probably could do 20 deliveries a day if they were in close proximity to where i load. Thats only 10 days of work to make over 25k in mulch profit including delivery.

Tell me i am wrong? Is this not a great niche business to get into?
__________________

Insured and Licensed
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
That was my thinking too. I have many people wanting to work. And i also have an uncle on disability that could drive a truck for me as well.

If i was able to get 500 yards of mulch delivered per season, i could literally buy one new truck per year just with that income alone.

Where i guess i want to head with the mulch deliveries, is to own a supply shop. We have some decent shops around us but Angelos and mains are the main ones and they are all a 35 minutes drive there, and another 35 min drive back. There are some small places where i go that are 25 minutes round trip, but there is a TON of companies in my area that i know will use me if i can open up a shop and carry mulch and have an area to dump materials, and maybe 21aa, slag, and stone. I have been looking for property to build a shop and later turn into a retail supplier for landscape companies, but i have to get the accounts before i ever do this.

1000 yards of mulch delivered per season. 5 yards per delivery average, is 200 total deliveries. I probably could do 20 deliveries a day if they were in close proximity to where i load. Thats only 10 days of work to make over 25k in mulch profit including delivery.

Tell me i am wrong? Is this not a great niche business to get into?
You are 100% right. I am at the point of needing a place to keep materials as well. After thinking about this some more I Started looking at international LoPro trucks. Small enough to be easy to load and bigger/cheaper than an NPR or F550. I can get a 75 yard load of mulch delivered for $850 or can keep going and getting 20 yards at a time for $350, that's a lot of money being left on the table if you ask me.
__________________
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,391
How was it working with bob at plan it graphics? If he does a design for u, do u have to order the postcards from them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:59 PM
ryde307 ryde307 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shorewood, MN
Posts: 485
I like the postcard. Interested on how this turns out. I like the idea.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM
DLONGLANDSCAPING DLONGLANDSCAPING is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham,MI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
How was it working with bob at plan it graphics? If he does a design for u, do u have to order the postcards from them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Bob is great to work with. If he designs it you can pay 50 dollars more to just have the design .
__________________

Insured and Licensed
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
DLONGLANDSCAPING DLONGLANDSCAPING is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham,MI
Posts: 1,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
You are 100% right. I am at the point of needing a place to keep materials as well. After thinking about this some more I Started looking at international LoPro trucks. Small enough to be easy to load and bigger/cheaper than an NPR or F550. I can get a 75 yard load of mulch delivered for $850 or can keep going and getting 20 yards at a time for $350, that's a lot of money being left on the table if you ask me.
Your only paying 17.5 per yard. That's pretty damn good.12 is very good though.
__________________

Insured and Licensed
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.

Page generated in 0.06892 seconds with 8 queries