Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-21-2014, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow this is a pretty good idea. Gave me a whole new idea for advertising this year.found it in the search forum. Thanks delong!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, glad this thread started back up. This was my best return yet. Almost 4 percent after they were sent out. I paid off my new to me truck with all the profit of last year. Looking to buy a house this year and hoping to triple what I sent out last year. We are doing 25k post cards for lawns. 10k houses twice and then 5k to a new neighborhood I want to get into, and then 15k mulch fliers to everyone of those houses that we sent to a week and a half after they receive them.

I ordered another round of fliers from bob at plan-it graphics and they look just as good if not better than last year. I'm real excited about the outlook of this season. With the snow this year we are able to afford a lot bigger advertising campaign. I tried valpak which is a local? Coupon mailer and then a newspaper ad and a lot of seo and ad words campaigning. We had 3 full timers and 3 part timers last year and we are looking to make the part timers full timers and get even more efficient.

If you guys have any questions about eddm, i just finished bundling everything and consider myself to be and expert on eddm now doing it so many times.

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, forgot to mention we are doing a hydro seeding flier this year. My uncle refurbished his seeder for his landscape company and hasn't sold one job so I thought I'd give it a shot. He will let me use it whenever and hydro seeding isn't very popular in our area and it's because no companies offer it. Trying to set myself apart from the competition.

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-21-2014, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey buddy, my name is Carson. I work out of the Ferndale/Pleasant Ridge/Oak park area. I am 19 years old an a sophomore at MSU. I think I remember reading a while ago you were either at MSU or transferring here. If so, are you currently here?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good deal. I may get bob to do me a mulch postcard to alternate with our Lawncare/landscape one. Looking to add a gmc c6500 dump and mulch delivery would be perfect for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2014, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Hey guys, glad this thread started back up. This was my best return yet. Almost 4 percent after they were sent out. I paid off my new to me truck with all the profit of last year. Looking to buy a house this year and hoping to triple what I sent out last year. We are doing 25k post cards for lawns. 10k houses twice and then 5k to a new neighborhood I want to get into, and then 15k mulch fliers to everyone of those houses that we sent to a week and a half after they receive them.

I ordered another round of fliers from bob at plan-it graphics and they look just as good if not better than last year. I'm real excited about the outlook of this season. With the snow this year we are able to afford a lot bigger advertising campaign. I tried valpak which is a local? Coupon mailer and then a newspaper ad and a lot of seo and ad words campaigning. We had 3 full timers and 3 part timers last year and we are looking to make the part timers full timers and get even more efficient.

If you guys have any questions about eddm, i just finished bundling everything and consider myself to be and expert on eddm now doing it so many times.

I just found out about EDDM a few days ago (guess I live under a rock) I have several thousand post cards from last year that never went out that I would like to send out using eddm. ANY and I mean ANY tips you have about this would be very helpful as I am a rookie at this.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-21-2014, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Good deal. I may get bob to do me a mulch postcard to alternate with our Lawncare/landscape one. Looking to add a gmc c6500 dump and mulch delivery would be perfect for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I plan to do this as well in mid-late May except that'll be for the purchase of a dump trailer & another truck (07 or newer Dmax 2500) provided our lawn/landscape season starts on time here in MN, which should be mid April. I just emailed Bob for a new design, I'll hopefully have them design, printed, & shipped within 2 weeks, I plan to get them out as soon as almost all of the snow is gone except the tall piles/snow banks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulchmaster View Post
I just found out about EDDM a few days ago (guess I live under a rock) I have several thousand post cards from last year that never went out that I would like to send out using eddm. ANY and I mean ANY tips you have about this would be very helpful as I am a rookie at this.

Thanks in advance
You have to have the postcard designed for EDDM. The addressing & postage setup look much different than a typical postcard you'd send.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
I plan to do this as well in mid-late May except that'll be for the purchase of a dump trailer & another truck (07 or newer Dmax 2500) provided our lawn/landscape season starts on time here in MN, which should be mid April. I just emailed Bob for a new design, I'll hopefully have them design, printed, & shipped within 2 weeks, I plan to get them out as soon as almost all of the snow is gone except the tall piles/snow banks.

You have to have the postcard designed for EDDM. The addressing & postage setup look much different than a typical postcard you'd send.
Thank you! I guess I better get some ordered asap then!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliablelawn View Post
Hey buddy, my name is Carson. I work out of the Ferndale/Pleasant Ridge/Oak park area. I am 19 years old an a sophomore at MSU. I think I remember reading a while ago you were either at MSU or transferring here. If so, are you currently here?
Hey Carson, yeah I am at msu. I love it there. A big reason why I am there is good employees. Allows me to go to school tues-Thursday
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2014, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
That would be perfect. That's what I'm looking for too. I need a big truck that without a trailer is just under cdl. 25,999#
Posted via Mobile Device