Register free!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Just finished taking the core and turf tests today, the core was 89 questions and the turf was 50 questions. Some of the questions were tough and confusing and others were just common sense. Took me just under two hours to complete them and I was taking my time re-reading each question carefully. Just like the other person said study as much as you can from the study guides they have the info you need. As far as needing a calculator if you're alright with simple multiplication and addition/subtraction you shouldnt need one but it could save you a few minutes.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I went ahead and signed up for the core and turf. From what I understand you don't need to take category 6c as it is included in the turf. I'll try for both in one day and see what happens. Thanks for all the input.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok, I have read the core booklet and the green study guide for turfgrass applications. There is also a yellow booklet of pesticide laws and rules. Is there any questions from that. It looks like that would take forever to read. My test is Wednesday, I was planning on going over the two I've read again will that be enough. Thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

There is also a safety training guide for trained service persons. I skimmed through that one and it seems like all that info was covered in the other booklets.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdow View Post
Ok, I have read the core booklet and the green study guide for turfgrass applications. There is also a yellow booklet of pesticide laws and rules. Is there any questions from that. It looks like that would take forever to read. My test is Wednesday, I was planning on going over the two I've read again will that be enough. Thanks
Remember you have to take the core test first. They want you to understand that more than anything. If you understand that they know you then should take the time to read and follow the directions/label. The label is the law.

Well, I don't know. How much of it stuck between your ears? You may think you know enough but, when you sit down to take the test, can you pass it? You know there is so much to retain. I can only suggest continue to read until you are sick of it. I know you are already sick of it.

Passing the test is just part of the process. That doesn't make you a professional. That just makes you legal. Mistakes happen everyday by lots of guys with and without a license. I still read the label because I learn something every-time from the last time. They change all the time too.

Remember it is a pass/fail test, one more right answer can get you there. One wrong answer can make you have to go through it all again. By now you know I can go on and on so now I will quit. Good Luck !!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't recall there being many if any questions asking you to recite specific pesticide laws. The main thing to know is where to find info on a pesticide label.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Took the core and turf test today. Very confident on the core, not so sure on the turf. He said they should post results in 1-2 weeks.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

That's the opposite of how I felt after lol good luck though my results posted in 6 days online.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been waiting for them to re-new my certification since the beginning of February. I called them a few weeks back to see what the hold up was. The guy I talked to said they were very busy with testing and all. Today was the last day for their re-certification conferences. So, hopefully they can get caught up. When I took my test a couple of years back, they had the results back with in a week, it was this time of the year too. Good Luck with your results. I have to tell you, when I passed, I felt like a kid in a candy store.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I passed both of them. Just found out. Not sure what the percents were , it just said passed! How long does it usually take to get the license? I assume I should wait until I have it in hand before applying product.
Posted via Mobile Device