Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2013, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGlandscape View Post
I looked at a truck just like that one, a 2010 F350 supercab 8 foot bed with 85k miles on it a couple months ago. It was one of the better priced ones i could find, it was still 35k. That seems like a smoking deal for 14.5k, I would jump on it even if he doesnt budge.

On a second thought, I would be better off flying somewhere to buy a truck and driving it back
Portsmouth Ford has brand new trucks listed @ 35k

6.7, XL, power service group option, we looked at a 350 SRW ext cab with everything included it was around $37,500.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got approved for the loan. 15k for a 2010 f350 xl 6.4l with 76000. Wow has this last week been hell trying to find a franchised dealer that had what I want! Payment of 185 for 84 months.

Only thing it doesn't have is a back bench seat, and a tailgate. Which I can find on ebay for cheap. It's an xl exterior with an xlt interior(power everything)

I'll post pictures when I get it

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Just got approved for the loan. 15k for a 2010 f350 xl 6.4l with 76000. Wow has this last week been hell trying to find a franchised dealer that had what I want! Payment of 185 for 84 months.

Only thing it doesn't have is a back bench seat, and a tailgate. Which I can find on ebay for cheap. It's an xl exterior with an xlt interior(power everything)

I'll post pictures when I get it
Sounds like an x border patrol truck off ebay. Those trucks idle alot, hope you know what your getting yourself into with the 6.4l, it not a cheap engine to work on. Once you get it i recommend dpf delete and a full egr delete.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Portsmouth Ford has brand new trucks listed @ 35k

6.7, XL, power service group option, we looked at a 350 SRW ext cab with everything included it was around $37,500.
Wow, 35k? It is just the XL though. I did look at a sterling gray supercab XLT 6.7 there for 45k.

But that is the reason I was looking at new, because around here they are a better deal than a year or two old trucks, with all the rebates and stuff on new trucks it makes more sense for just a couple grand more
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstan2010 View Post
Sounds like an x border patrol truck off ebay. Those trucks idle alot, hope you know what your getting yourself into with the 6.4l, it not a cheap engine to work on. Once you get it i recommend dpf delete and a full egr delete.
It was actually the dealers truck. They used it for picking up parts and service calls. I already ordered a DPF delete kit, and am going to get a full egr delete done at my mechanics shop. How much is too much to spend on a full delete? I have seen the kits to do it yourself, from like 400-1300. Is 1500 too much to spend for someone else to do it, or is that a good price?

The DPF delete is a pretty simple procedure, and hopefully it will bump the mpg's up a couple when its done.

To be honest, i am going to get it home, put some work into it and try to sell it for around 25-27k. Am i crazy? ha

Then ill buy a brand new 6.2l 2013 xlt crew cab 8 ft bed.

this is all talk, but im always looking to make money and re-invest off of purchases.

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Long if need parts I have a guy that still has h&s tuners and pipes for under 1100 for everything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2013, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
It was actually the dealers truck. They used it for picking up parts and service calls. I already ordered a DPF delete kit, and am going to get a full egr delete done at my mechanics shop. How much is too much to spend on a full delete? I have seen the kits to do it yourself, from like 400-1300. Is 1500 too much to spend for someone else to do it, or is that a good price?

The DPF delete is a pretty simple procedure, and hopefully it will bump the mpg's up a couple when its done.

To be honest, i am going to get it home, put some work into it and try to sell it for around 25-27k. Am i crazy? ha

this is all talk, but im always looking to make money and re-invest off of purchases.
No offense, but you will regret doing that... After towing everyday with a tuned deleted 6.4, you will be severely dissapointed going back to a gas engine to tow everyday. The 13 is a much nicer truck though
Old 04-06-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGlandscape View Post
No offense, but you will regret doing that... After towing everyday with a tuned deleted 6.4, you will be severely dissapointed going back to a gas engine to tow everyday. The 13 is a much nicer truck though
its all talk for now. I know what you mean though. The 6.4 is a strong engine when everything is taken care of. And there is barely any milage on this. I will get a good 3-5 years on this one and try to sell it for what i bought it for, or more down the road.

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-07-2013, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Sounds good. If you can do a full 4" or 5" exhaust system with a h&s mini max or a spartan tuner. Should run you around $1300 with full exhaust. Take a look at the flo pro egr delete kit should run about $300. You should be able to do everything yourself, the egr delete may take you about 4 hours tho. Also flush the coolant and fill with cat ELC coolant.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

WELL I FINALLY OWN HER! Friday i went and picked her up.

7:30 am-Economics Test until 11:45
12:30-1- Bank closing
1-2 Airport Drive
2-3:30- sitting at airport
3:30-4:40-in plane to chicago
5-6pm- in cab to dealership
6-7:00-in dealer signing paperwork
7:15-12 driving back home( got 24 mpgs driving 1800 rpms @68 mph. I couldnt complain at all)

TALK ABOUT A LONG LAZY BORING DAY!!!! But i came home with a beauty. This truck has ZERO rust. Supsension is as tight as it would be new.

2010 F 250 XL
6.4L Diesel 78k miles
-DPF Delete
-Power Windows
-Power Mirrors(power fold in and power glass and extension)
-Power locks
-CD/AUX/MP3 player
-30% Tints
-Brand new windshield

Updates I have done already in the last 24 hours:
-New headlights
-Installed Cab lights hooked up to parking lights(RECON)
-Cleaned the cab inside and out
-Replaced small dinky mirrors with nice power telescpoing mirrors and replaced small speakers with some nice Bose speakers

Things going to be done:
-Chrome rear bumper
Not sure if i want to keep the black grille and bumper in the front and add the air dam to what i have now, or get it all chromed out. I kinda like the black look if it right now. I bought a chrome grille but might return it. (i know resale value will be higher if i swap the black for chrome, so that may be the only reason i do it)
-20" chrome OEM rims and 35" tires(summer tires)
-4" air ride suspension
-Middle console installation
-EGR delete
-Spartan Tuner
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed