Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
Hey Nick, How do you recommend I trim/upkeep camellia sasanqua? Like I said in another thread, I have some that the previous company boxed out and the customer wants a more "natural" look. Any thoughts on this?
Any pictures?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll try to get some thursday.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

To add to the fun week...10 puppies....they weren't due until early next week but the mom decided to have them early. Good looking pups, I'll put some pics up later.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just saw your rig in Gilmer. Looks good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, yours looks awesome! Nice, shiny, and professional.
What are you up to in Gilmer today? I did a couple of yards and some other odds and ends. It shouldn't have taken me as long as it did but I had fires to put out that couldn't wait until I got back to the house.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
Thanks, yours looks awesome! Nice, shiny, and professional.
What are you up to in Gilmer today? I did a couple of yards and some other odds and ends. It shouldn't have taken me as long as it did but I had fires to put out that couldn't wait until I got back to the house.
Was picking up a rear tine tiller at B&S. They had that tiller at their Pittsburg location and moved it back to Gilmer. We are on a job that we were burning through tons of 2 stroke mix in the little stihl tiller. It was time to get a real tiller. The guys did in 30 minutes what took 2 hours this morning. Should of spent the $500 sooner.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasProscapesLLC View Post
Was picking up a rear tine tiller at B&S. They had that tiller at their Pittsburg location and moved it back to Gilmer. We are on a job that we were burning through tons of 2 stroke mix in the little stihl tiller. It was time to get a real tiller. The guys did in 30 minutes what took 2 hours this morning. Should of spent the $500 sooner.
Gotcha, what kind did you get? We have the $2k 20" honda (we didn't buy it new, its as old as I am...I paid 100 bucks for it) and a smaller 16" troybuilt. Both have their pros and cons. I like to throw the lighter troy built in the back of my truck for small jobs. We mainly use them at the house.

Sorry I've been bad about putting pics up, its been a crappy week. I'll post some up over the weekend. Been sort of busy, tomorrow I have a CEU class to do to so that really isn't work.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just a 14" Husqvarna. It works for now. I really want one of the 20" honda's just can't bring myself to drop 2k on a tiller that we use for 1 day out of every job. However, really glad I got the rear tine instead of the little stihl. Way less fuel consumption.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Camellia sasanqua I was talking about....how would you trim?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

B4...attempting to make a hedge out of the Youpons vs individual shaped ones.

After