Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Teejet wand thread type? Making a Greendoctor boom.

I have everthing except the coupler coming from the end of the wand to the quick connect. I can't find a thread to fit it, only SP systems threads will fit, but it needs to be a threaded female to quick connect. Any suggestions/store I can go to? I tried Tractor supply and Home Depot. Even the tractor supply wand won't screw onto it.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You're not trying to use the original SP wand/extension are you? If so, not gonna work.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
You're not trying to use the original SP wand/extension are you? If so, not gonna work.
No it has "spraying systems" etched into the brass wand. Its 11/16" with 16 thread, thats what the site says at least.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustwantausername View Post
No it has "spraying systems" etched into the brass wand. Its 11/16" with 16 thread, thats what the site says at least.
Greendoc will fill you in.

I use the 23L gun with the dual swivel nozzle and the dcer cones and tips. I dont remember what size fitting for quick connect. I remember I had to force thread it on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2013, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That wand will bend if you try to put anything other than a single tip at the end of it. So will most wands. I always used a 4,000 PSI rated stainless steel nipple as the wand. That is attached to the 31 Gunjet trigger using a Teejet 4676-1/4 threaded adapter cap. At the end of that wand, a 1/4 all stainless steel flow through quick coupler is attached. The boom has the matching 1/4 stainless steel plug to fit in the quick coupler. I order my stainless steel quick couplers and plugs from any of the fine vendors dealing in pressure washer parts. If I try to buy this from a local hydraulic shop or pressure washer dealer, they want more than 3X for the same part dropped UPS at my door. Most of them also do not stock stainless steel. Brass and zinc plate iron only. No good for chemicals.

All of my sprayer hoses have had their wands removed and a 1/4 barb + ball valve + quick coupler attached. That way, all of my hand pieces and tree guns can go on any sprayer.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Didn't you post some pics of one or some of your setup before? It seems like you did in a thread a while back...

I can see where a setup like that could come in handy for specialized spraying. My grassy weed applications is where it would be handy for me. Some of our lawns are just too large to use this as our primary way of applying.

It would be cool to build one though. I love being Dr. Frankenstein with spray equipment. I'm sure I could find a use for it.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I sure did post pictures of the boom, regulator, engine drive backpack and even the lock to keep the boom from swiveling around on the end of the wand pipe. This equipment will also fit on the hose of my skid sprayer. All of the fittings are standardized to 1/4 flow thru pressure washer couplings aka Parker Hannefin or Hansen SST . I can tell you that dallis, goose or weed species of paspalum have a dramatic change in attitude when a boom applying Revolver and Celsius passes over them. Patches of nutsedge and kyllinga are not so hard when the same set up is applying Certainty + Quicksilver. In one big lawn I treated, I used the boom to "spot spray" I walked to each patch of weeds and passed over with the boom connected to the engine drive backpack. Previous broadcast treatments reduced the weeds to distinct patches in a 2 acre area. The engine drive backpack is an important part of this set up. I am free to make up as little as is needed. I would hate to have to make up 25-100 gallons of a mix costing $150 per acre not knowing if I could use it all up. These expensive chemicals are also not that stable if mixed and set aside for use later. I only make up what is going to be sprayed out for that lawn.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-09-2013, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
That wand will bend if you try to put anything other than a single tip at the end of it. So will most wands. I always used a 4,000 PSI rated stainless steel nipple as the wand. That is attached to the 31 Gunjet trigger using a Teejet 4676-1/4 threaded adapter cap. At the end of that wand, a 1/4 all stainless steel flow through quick coupler is attached. The boom has the matching 1/4 stainless steel plug to fit in the quick coupler. I order my stainless steel quick couplers and plugs from any of the fine vendors dealing in pressure washer parts. If I try to buy this from a local hydraulic shop or pressure washer dealer, they want more than 3X for the same part dropped UPS at my door. Most of them also do not stock stainless steel. Brass and zinc plate iron only. No good for chemicals.

All of my sprayer hoses have had their wands removed and a 1/4 barb + ball valve + quick coupler attached. That way, all of my hand pieces and tree guns can go on any sprayer.
Could you recommend a vendor for the 1/4"x24" stainless nipple?