Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon7 View Post
What are they trying to do? Fool you into buying a pos Echo that says Shindaiwa on it? Leave the pos Echos orange.. All they will do is end up ruining Shindaiwa's name further by putting that junk in their lineup. Their name is already hurt since the merger...
I couldn't have said it better myself...

Snapper: CP218520
21351PD new engine
LawnBoy: 10227 wi/bagger
Scag:SW36 Grass Packer/Kawaski engine
Shindaiwa: T242 LE242 RS41T231X
STIHL: MS210C BG55x2 KM90 trimmer edger blower
Kawasaki:KRB650B KHDS600A
Toro:single stage snow thrower

I Like Shindaiwa and Kawasaki more than Stihl, with the exception of handheld blowers. Think Scag and Snapper mowers are the best. Just My .02.

Click here for my work thread!
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well
Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
What are they trying to do? Fool you into buying a pos Echo that says Shindaiwa on it? Leave the pos Echos orange.. All they will do is end up ruining Shindaiwa's name further by putting that junk in their lineup. Their name is already hurt since the merger...
I think this aswell. I bought a Shindaiwa 500 Chainsaw 26 years ago, it still starts first pull. And as for the echo saw I bought? Its under been on the bench since the first week with issues. My shiny hasnt let me down in 26 years off cutting firewood, and helping my brother in law clear 6 acres of land for his house. Im sure the echo wouldnt have lasted this long

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
I think this aswell. I bought a Shindaiwa 500 Chainsaw 26 years ago, it still starts first pull. And as for the echo saw I bought? Its under been on the bench since the first week with issues. My shiny hasnt let me down in 26 years off cutting firewood, and helping my brother in law clear 6 acres of land for his house. Im sure the echo wouldnt have lasted this long
I talked to my dealer, and he said the Shindaiwa is better than Echo too.

21351PD new engine

I Like Shindaiwa and Kawasaki more than Stihl, with the exception of handheld blowers. Think Scag and Snapper mowers are the best. Just My .02.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
I honestly think the Shindaiwa chainsaws are the best chainsaws period. Better than comparable Stihls.. Now, they were a little outdated and their lineup wasn't very big, but they were BULLETPROOF... I have a 360 and a 377. They are small but powerful. The 360 is 20 years old with thousands of hardcore abusive hours on it. ONE to TWO pulls after sitting on the shelf for 9 months. I only use them in the winter to cut on my farm. My friend has a 577 and 757. Very nice saws.

Echo, your saws suck. Bring back the Shindaiwa saws. PLEASE!!! Or i'll have to take a vacation to Australia and bring a bunch home next time I need a saw. I was actually thinking about doing that because you can get a lot of other Shindaiwa stuff that you can't get here. Look at allpower.com/au. They have a lot of cool Shindaiwa stuff down there.

Last edited by ddixon7; 02-06-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I honestly think the Shindaiwa chainsaws are the best chainsaws period. Better than comparable Stihls.. Now, they were a little outdated and their lineup wasn't very big, but the were BULLETPROOF... I have a 360 and a 377. They are small but powerful. The 360 is 20 years old with thousands of hardcore abusive hours on it. ONE to TWO pulls after sitting on the shelf for 9 months. I only use them in the winter to cut on my farm. My friend has a 577 and 757. Very nice saws.

Echo, your saws suck. Bring back the Shindaiwa saws. PLEASE!!! Or i'll have to take a vacation to Australia and bring a bunch home next time I need a saw. I was actually thinking about doing that because you can get a lot of other Shindaiwa stuff that you can't get here. Look at allpower.com/au. They have a lot of cool Shindaiwa stuff down there.
I agree.

21351PD new engine

Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

This why we have been using Redmax products. Shindy hasn't been the same for sine years now...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax looks like its getting cheaper too. My backpacks are awesome, but their trimmers are not what they used to be either... It is either the EPA (most definitely) or Husqvarna is junking them out as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree but I still seem to have better luck with them than with the Shidys or Echos. Damn EPA! Well at least we all can breath better now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i am glad i bought a lifetime supply of shindy,s before this happened also. its like fiat bought mercedes!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

one important casualty is the home pro hedge trimmer. this jewel was the industry,s lightest and WAYbetter than the pos echo 1500 that replaced it.