Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a CTL send it out rain or shine, that's the point of the tracks. Get some pics of it.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
It's a CTL send it out rain or shine, that's the point of the tracks. Get some pics of it.
Customer choice not mine see. Yea ill get a few shots up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidsteerman View Post
First impression is WOW, how quiet it is. I could talk to the guy standing next to me at the back of the unit at full throttle in a normal voice and not yelling.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
First impression is WOW, how quiet it is. I could talk to the guy standing next to me at the back of the unit at full throttle in a normal voice and not yelling.

Was this the guy standing next too you?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Cat is switching the MFG of their minis over to Wacker.

HP does not make the big difference in mini's - the hydraulic power does.
Why piss away $$$ in excess burnt fuel digging the same hole a more economical machine can dig? Bobcat always had roughly ~10HP more in their same size units as ours, but we could out dig their units with stronger hydraulics and were much smoother while doing so.

Some G series photos. Larger door opening and one piece door. larger cab as well.
I will agree that excavators generally do not benefit from the added hp in digging operations but if you want to run aux attachments that need alot of flow the higher hp machines will perform better and if the machine is properly built the higher hp will not impact fuel economy if properly used. Thats why they have a throttle. My machine rarely sees much more than half throttle.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
I will agree that excavators generally do not benefit from the added hp in digging operations but if you want to run aux attachments that need alot of flow the higher hp machines will perform better and if the machine is properly built the higher hp will not impact fuel economy if properly used. Thats why they have a throttle. My machine rarely sees much more than half throttle.
Good post. That was my primary point....that extra hp is useful when a hystat or aux pump gets put under a heavy load. If hp wasn't important in it's relationship with hydraulics there'd be nothing but 70hp mulching machines.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
When I demo to a bobcat brand owner they are amazed when I tell them they don't need to run the Deere at full throttle unless working the machine hard. Just don't lug it if possible.

This is for sslders, ctls & mini's.

We haven't had the need for more auxiliary hydraulic flow on our mini's yet. Thumbs, augers and hammers don't take that much flow to run. Our mini's have more then enough flow for these attachments.

I have had a few request for rotory cutters on them and our flow will handle those as well but no one so far has pursued more then just cost and info.

Not sure what else you would use on a mini that would require more GPM then that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
When I demo to a bobcat brand owner they are amazed when I tell them they don't need to run the Deere at full throttle unless working the machine hard. Just don't lug it if possible.

This is for sslders, ctls & mini's.

We haven't had the need for more auxiliary hydraulic flow on our mini's yet. Thumbs, augers and hammers don't take that much flow to run. Our mini's have more then enough flow for these attachments.

I have had a few request for rotory cutters on them and our flow will handle those as well but no one so far has pursued more then just cost and info.

Not sure what else you would use on a mini that would require more GPM then that?
Posted via Mobile Device
The machine can only supply so much hyd flow. If the aux is taking a large part of it then the track operation, boom movement etc tend too really affect the aux flow. The larger the pumps the less percentage of pump flow will be needed for the aux circuit.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
The machine can only supply so much hyd flow. If the aux is taking a large part of it then the track operation, boom movement etc tend too really affect the aux flow. The larger the pumps the less percentage of pump flow will be needed for the aux circuit.
I can't commit on how other minis hydraulics are designed but I do know Deere uses a system of several pumps. I've operated Deeres units digging quit a bit and never once noticed a function falling on its face while using another at the same time.

I've moved big piles of logs and brush with a hydraulic thumb driving the unit and moving the boom, dipper stick, house, thumb and bucket at same time. Smooth to me and never seemed to starve for fluid pressures or flow.

I'm curious how well our new G series minis work.

Deere has the EH foot controls down pretty good on the 333E but the joysticks may take some getting used to. I've only ever operated foot controls on mechanical linkage system setups.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2013, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I could imagine that E/H foot controls would take a bit to get used to.