Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Used Mini-x: Which one to Avoid

Been looking for a used Mini X. I don't want to start a brand wars thread. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with a brand or model that has known issues. Like weak turntable etc. I am looking for a machine around 5 ton and will be using it for setting boulders, grading, and installing trees mainly.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you do a search or flip through the last few pages there has been quite a few of these discussions lately.

Best of luck,
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinearth View Post
Been looking for a used Mini X. I don't want to start a brand wars thread. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with a brand or model that has known issues. Like weak turntable etc. I am looking for a machine around 5 ton and will be using it for setting boulders, grading, and installing trees mainly.
I really do not think any of the brands are terrible and most will last a long time if taken care of.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I owned a since 1987, I have had 2 Mini's.....first one, bought brand new, a Komatsu pc20 with cab and heat....put over 10,000 hours on it, never had one issue other than wearing out tracks from using it too much.
2003, bought a new Kobelco 35sr, no cab or heat not using it as much as the Komatsu, but no issues with this one either. A buddy of mine runs 2 or 3 Kubota minis....they have been good to him as well.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did a limited look before I posted. I went back and found a couple threads that helped. Thanks. Anyone have any input on Gehl mini x's?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinearth View Post
I did a limited look before I posted. I went back and found a couple threads that helped. Thanks. Anyone have any input on Gehl mini x's?
I have run the 353 also 503 and the 603.....they all run great with good strength.
I havnt run a Kubota for a long time but would say from memory that the gehls run similar or better in the strength area