Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2013, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I am not talking about settling of the AI. I am talking about a chemical fall out where the inert ingredients fall out of solution forming a sticky putty that looks like scrambled eggs, it will not go back into solution no matter what you use to agitate it. In fact I have found that it is better if I keep it at the bottom, if I intentionally ster it up, it just clogs up my screans more. I just leave it there until I can clean it out with a shop vac.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Member

It has been known problem with the syngenta formulated prodiamine. I just didn't know how bad it was until I used it. That is why the post-patent products like quali-pro have been formulated to resolve that problem. Riging up a pvc pipe is about the same solution syngeta gave us. Lol really, that was their best solution, change my routine or rig up some contraption so I can use your product? No thanks! I just called our supplier and told them not to send us anymore resolute. Problem solved
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2013, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yup dude I don't have that problem.. havent had that problem even with bigger tanks.. one time my old boss filled on top of some old I+d mix and it got all sticky and clogged up the filter, but just that once. Btw I'm not saying your product isn't worse or better just saying I don't have the issue you had.. I'll check out what your using too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

If it works good for your program that's good. I am saving the resolute I have to try with roundup on a site I spray, maybe it will mix better then. I changed three things this year. 1. I went from spraying .3 to .5 gallons per 1000, everything was working fine I just felt I would be able to empty my tank every day easier this way. 2. I started mixing uflexx in the mix, I first thought this was what stared the problem but when I changed back to quali-pro everything was good. Thats when we stared calling around to find out what was going on with resolute. 3. My supplier sent me resolute, I didn't think anything of it until the problems started. I just thought I would give anyone that was going to try the same mix a heads up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Curious why such low volume?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

I use zspray unit, it can spray up to 2 gallons per 1000, and I do that on fungicides app but I have to fill up too much and it slows me down.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gotcha.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

This is what my tank and filter looked like after running around 18lbs of Resolute through it.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

try this again
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2013, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had a friend who had a large tank (1000 gal), after a few weeks of down time, when he started the big pump up again the pressure rose to 500 psi. And somehow he could not get the pressure down to his usual 100 pounds. Pressure regulator adjustment didn't help. Even slowing the 10 horse motor down to idle didn't help. Finally he discovered that his bypass agitation had been plugged up by the yellow crab control residue in the bottom of the tank. Dam! I am not sure if it was prodiamine and I do not know the brand.