Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Photo of disgusting letter of the customer firing me because of the bike accident!

He was my first and best customer that I had and he helped my business for the last 5 years. He is a professor but at his age I have notice and so have the neighbors that his age is getting to him thinking wise. Also there were countless times of him saying on the phone, "Leave the business your never going to heal" "Find a desk job", and some other rude things. I told him at the end if you found a better price or your worried I might get hurt on the job next year then tell me you don't want me. Also I just turned 30 and was planning on getting a new truck.

I was doing good working at the Wine warehouse at night then doing my lawns in the day time and told everyone I will have a full time worker 2014

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 12-04-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2013, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's an arrogant __________. Fill in the blank. While I like to know the reason someone has decided to find another company, it is messed up that he feels that you have no will power.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2013, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. that's pathetic. I've read through that letter twice and I still cannot find a good reason to drop you; he may have concerns for you but if it doesn't/hasn't affected your service then what gives? "you're not getting any younger" isn't a good reason. (much less at 30 years old -- are you kidding me?) And what's with him playing career counselor?

It's sad but there is very little in the way of customer loyalty nowdays. It doesn't matter how good you've made their lawn look, how punctual you are, how reasonable your prices are, how many free extra services you have given them. People will drop you in a heartbeat if they think they can get a better gig with someone else, for whatever reason.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Sponsor

Psychological warfare in the written form can take many forms. Although presenting your customers letter by way of this thread may be helpful or informative, I would not dwell on this reply or this ex customer any more.
You will better serve your self marshaling your emotional capital on more important things like moving forward with your family and your chosen work. All the best.
easy-lift guy
Old 12-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Banned

I hope he doesn't hire me! I don't need any BS! haha

What kind of professor btw?

Did you sell your plow yet, the kid wants to know if it will fit and 04 dodge 1500?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=Tyler259;4913118]I hope he doesn't hire me! I don't need any BS! haha

Hear that my man! Hate it when customers try an ruin my life! Like just go away an my life will be fine n'at!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

how bad is the leg? I was told the same thing by my doc after i had my bicep tendon re-attached and complete rotator cuff tear fixed as well. I believed it at first and prepared for the worst, but really never gave up hope that i could recover and do everything i did before. It was a long painful recovery, but i ended up getting back to most things. don't listen to that idiot!!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well he put fear to his other friend that I do full service. Now I lost 2 customers. What raisedma flag was he got an awesome deal since out of no where stated cut throat business. He said he will find a guy that will ONLY DO THE PLOWING but he acted weird after seeing this plow guy.

My customer retired as a professor 4-5 years ago at a well known college. I told him I will be fine and worse comes to worse I will sit on the mower all day but he didn't want to listen to me. He was pushy and I knew he found somebody. HE KEEP REPEATING ON THE PHONE 3 CALLS A WEEK GO TO COLLEGE lol.

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

Old 12-04-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
how bad is the leg? I was told the same thing by my doc after i had my bicep tendon re-attached and complete rotator cuff tear fixed as well. I believed it at first and prepared for the worst, but really never gave up hope that i could recover and do everything i did before. It was a long painful recovery, but i ended up getting back to most things. don't listen to that idiot!!
I hit a guard rail with my body at 60 mph broke my femur like a chicken bone. the rod in my leg is doing its job. I can lift my leg up and sideways but the swelling is bad. I can't bend down and I use a walker in the house and crotches outside. I HAVE BEEN USING MY MOWER. its painful since I don't have a suspension seat.

Closed Thread