LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work man
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Your 7.3 is sharp!!! Very clean!

The wall & stairs look great also. Stairs are a pain the a$$ to build!

Are the skid & dingo yours or rentals?

I like seeing other young guys on here building businesses.
The truck photographs well.

The skids are rentals. And ill never rent a tire machine ever again. Worthless for most of the job. I love that ditch witch sk650. My absolute favorite mini, I'm looking to buy one this year.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Member

his first run by himself. i usually stand on the deck next to him, but huge front yard and mower at idle he cant get anywhere faster than i could walk.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2013, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
his first run by himself. i usually stand on the deck next to him, but huge front yard and mower at idle he cant get anywhere faster than i could walk.
Start 'em young

My father let me drive a 753 when I was 6, my oldest son has the hang of running a Z and can move the skid steer with a little help. Good looking work, keep it up.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

my son and I starte doing yards together about 3or 4 years ago got a scag 2 years ago
he help when he gets to come home from school .....my point enjoy you time with him the grow up so fast
Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh i definitely enjoy it. My wife tells me its supposed to be mama's boy and daddys and little girl. But there is no mama in this boy. Looks just like me and acts just like me. Loves anything with a motor. That picture was taken a month before his third birthday. By fall clean up at the house he started understanding how to stripe.
He has already laid claim to one of my trucks to be his work truck. I was ready to sell it at the first offer over $500 but i guess i can't now.

Now im just waiting for number two to show up and see if i get another mini me or a mini mommy with daddys interests!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh and i know that picture of my son looks like it was taken in the fall but that was june-july of last year. Drought destroyed my lawn.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice work man , and looks like you have you a little helper there haha he looks like he can run that better than some of te employees ive had over the years lol
Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

First of all, that's a big ass snake.

Very nice work man. I don't like to post on here much anymore but i felt like you deserved a compliment or two. I'm big on mowing stripes, and keeping them straight. Yours are awesome.

I like the retaining wall and stairs and obviously the stripes, looks like you pay a lot of attention to detail. Where did you learn to build stairs/retaining walls and where did you learn to design? I like what you did with the retaining wall, it's not just a boring wall or two
Old 02-14-2013, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
First of all, that's a big ass snake.

Very nice work man. I don't like to post on here much anymore but i felt like you deserved a compliment or two. I'm big on mowing stripes, and keeping them straight. Yours are awesome.

I like the retaining wall and stairs and obviously the stripes, looks like you pay a lot of attention to detail. Where did you learn to build stairs/retaining walls and where did you learn to design? I like what you did with the retaining wall, it's not just a boring wall or two
Thanks for the compliments. I worked for a company that specialized in hardscapes for four years. And i took some design classes when i was in the horticulture program in college but ihate designing that way. I just go out there and can see where stuff needs to go and flow properly. Then its just throwing some paint on the ground so others can see.

And yes those stairs suck. I hate installing those but its the cheapest ones to install around here.