Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

advertising

I was wondering what some of the best way you guys used to advertise. I was looking to put and ad in the paper or what was the best way you got the most phone calls. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Look into google ad words. Thats the way to go.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguardx View Post
Did you try it? And does it let you pick zip codes or anything? If you tried how did it do?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes I do it for 2 businesses I own. Make sure you chose the areas you want to target or your site will be on every city in the US, been there done that LOL. Ive done fryers, Craigslist, News Papers and google ad words is the way to go. You do need to study it and adjust it to how much you want to spend per click I would suggest between .25 and .50 a click depending on how many landscapers on on there. If you google landscaping or what ever you do in you area for example "lawn mowing Portland oregon" or "landscaping portland or" the businesses on the side and on top that are highlighted area are the ones paying for google ad words.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Yes I do it for 2 businesses I own. Make sure you chose the areas you want to target or your site will be on every city in the US, been there done that LOL. Ive done fryers, Craigslist, News Papers and google ad words is the way to go. You do need to study it and adjust it to how much you want to spend per click I would suggest between .25 and .50 a click depending on how many landscapers on on there. If you google landscaping or what ever you do in you area for example "lawn mowing Portland oregon" or "landscaping portland or" the businesses on the side and on top that are highlighted area are the ones paying for google ad words.
OK thank you wish I would of known before just ran an ad in 6 local news papers lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Its cool. The nice thing about google ads is that you can run it when ever you like. So if you only want to run it on weekends or Thursday and Friday you can do that. Once you get good at it you will get a lot more calls than from the news paper.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Its cool. The nice thing about google ads is that you can run it when ever you like. So if you only want to run it on weekends or Thursday and Friday you can do that. Once you get good at it you will get a lot more calls than from the news paper.
I was looking at it in the areas I would do and there's not one landscape company doing it. Does it always show up at the top or does it go to the bottom also?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Google AdWords can produce results...

It requires a keen sense of what people in your area are searching for.... Key words,
As far as ROI its pretty damn good.... However it requires people in your target area to to to google and type in your keywords

But if you need volume its not ideal.

AdWords lets you choose what when and where people can/will see your ad, but it still requires active participation on the behalf of the prospect.

Cost per dollar, AdWords is great! If you are looking to augment current business, adwords is great to add a new client or two

What Im saying is a business with a sustained client base would do great with AdWords. If you need to pick-up a new client base, AdWords will not get you the volume you are looking for.

Put together a flyer that accurately explains who you are and what you do. Pass out a metric Sh** tom of them... repeat. If you are comfortable with it, put your mane and cell number on the flyer. Tell them what hours you answer calls (5:00 pm wont cut it)

"Hi My name is Bob. I am available on my cell daily 7AM - 9PM" Free Estimates."

People respond to this.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Also look at Vistaprint, You can design postcards on there and have them mail them for you, a bit expensive but they look good. Since I am just starting out I designed the postcard with a blank back (where the address goes) and bought 250 of them to hand out as flyers, nice looking and better than paper.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Forget Google Adwords because it will drain you & all for nothing. Google Placed is a much weightier form of internet advertising. Go to google maps & type in your zipcode & a service similar to yours & you'll see your competition is already listed on there. Now type in the same service keywords in the standard google search bar. The difference is amazing & its absolutely free. They'll mail u a postcard with a code to enter before publishing your listing, its easy.
Posted via Mobile Device