Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
Forget Google Adwords because it will drain you & all for nothing. Google Placed is a much weightier form of internet advertising. Go to google maps & type in your zipcode & a service similar to yours & you'll see your competition is already listed on there. Now type in the same service keywords in the standard google search bar. The difference is amazing & its absolutely free. They'll mail u a postcard with a code to enter before publishing your listing, its easy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Member

How was the out come did you get a lot of jobs from it or just people shopping? So just do a search for like landscaping in my area?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I usually write on the bathroom stalls. For a good mow job call 706-xxx-xxxx. Seems to work well.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.goo.gl/eVR4k
Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raish05 View Post
How was the out come did you get a lot of jobs from it or just people shopping? So just do a search for like landscaping in my area?
Posted via Mobile Device
Google Places helps with service awareness. As they say, a prospect generally sees your ad nearly 5 times before acting on the ad. Your paper ad may spawn an interest then internet marketing can reinforce it. Secondly, they might lose your ad but remember your business name. Community papers are direct marketing which is what u want.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Google Places helps with service awareness. As they say, a prospect generally sees your ad nearly 5 times before acting on the ad. Your paper ad may spawn an interest then internet marketing can reinforce it. Secondly, they might lose your ad but remember your business name. Community papers are direct marketing which is what u want.
Posted via Mobile Device
i put the ad in 6 small local papers that go out every thurdays not everyday i hope to get something from it. if not don't know what ill try next any suggestions?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Forget Google Adwords because it will drain you & all for nothing.
When was the last time you ran a campaign? I ask this because the majority of people on here who say that admittedly have not run a campaign in over a year, or years. Adwords is significantly more targetable and granular, and therefore cost-efficient, than it was.

Quote:
Google Placed is a much weightier form of internet advertising.
Huh? These are two different beasts that can't be legitimately included in a "Don't do this, but do this instead." argument. Comparably speaking, Adwords puts you on Page 1, which in no gimme with Places. If anything, you should consider working in an Adwords campaign until your organic search and Places work bears fruit.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
When was the last time you ran a campaign? I ask this because the majority of people on here who say that admittedly have not run a campaign in over a year, or years. Adwords is significantly more targetable and granular, and therefore cost-efficient, than it was.

Huh? These are two different beasts that can't be legitimately included in a "Don't do this, but do this instead." argument. Comparably speaking, Adwords puts you on Page 1, which in no gimme with Places. If anything, you should consider working in an Adwords campaign until your organic search and Places work bears fruit.
Tony last time I ran a campaign was probably a year or so ago just trying to find another way to get the phone ringing more and what was effective for some guys. So you suggest AdWords?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

3 months back was my last campaign. If it worked for me I would have certainly continued. Over the past 3 years I've done it all except T.V. & radio. Currently I'll run a newspaper ad Wed & Saturday for $128 each day & it makes my phone ring every time to more than cover the ads. My clientele read the real paper paper over any online version. I say this to the guy: Try it all and let us know what worked best for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
3 months back was my last campaign. If it worked for me I would have certainly continued. Over the past 3 years I've done it all except T.V. & radio. Currently I'll run a newspaper ad Wed & Saturday for $128 each day & it makes my phone ring every time to more than cover the ads. My clientele read the real paper paper over any online version. I say this to the guy: Try it all and let us know what worked best for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Adam how big of an ad did you put in the paper? And did you put it in the classified section?
Posted via Mobile Device