Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2013, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.tomirwin.com/pdf/labels/Dimension_2EW.pdf
They way I read the label you should use the 'Program 3" rate and fall apply .38 lbs AI per acre followed by .38 in spring, if in the south, Georgia, for season long poa annua control.
Or 1.5 followed by 1.5 pints per acre. That is .55 ounces per 1000 sqft. Followed by .55 ounces in the spring.

Last edited by RigglePLC; 02-17-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: addition
Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

when i mean split apps i meant splitting my spring pre-emergent app into two seperate apps 6 to 8 week apart.. and i was going by "program 1" on the label because it fits the residential lawns i am applying too. it suggests .55 per k except its my understanding from the label that "split applications may also be made, with the rates in the recommended use rates table being split across two apps made 5 to 10 weeks apart" I've done first app at .275 per 1,000 sq. ft, and will do second app at same rate 6 to 8 weeks later. so between the two apps they will get .55 oz per k for the spring pre-emergent am i going to light??

turfmd101 i am still trying to figure out when to do 2nd app, would like to hold out atleast 6 weeks depending on the weather. i don't want to get back out to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
http://www.tomirwin.com/pdf/labels/Dimension_2EW.pdf
They way I read the label you should use the 'Program 3" rate and fall apply .38 lbs AI per acre followed by .38 in spring, if in the south, Georgia, for season long poa annua control.
Or 1.5 followed by 1.5 pints per acre. That is .55 ounces per 1000 sqft. Followed by .55 ounces in the spring.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
when i mean split apps i meant splitting my spring pre-emergent app into two seperate apps 6 to 8 week apart.. and i was going by "program 1" on the label because it fits the residential lawns i am applying too. it suggests .55 per k except its my understanding from the label that "split applications may also be made, with the rates in the recommended use rates table being split across two apps made 5 to 10 weeks apart" I've done first app at .275 per 1,000 sq. ft, and will do second app at same rate 6 to 8 weeks later. so between the two apps they will get .55 oz per k for the spring pre-emergent am i going to light??

turfmd101 i am still trying to figure out when to do 2nd app, would like to hold out atleast 6 weeks depending on the weather. i don't want to get back out to early.
I say, 6 weeks is a good mark for the second app. Importante one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A split rate of half of .55 per acre followed by the second half--several weeks later is according to the label--I think. But, I would suggest Program Two, as it offers longer protection 4 months as opposed to 3 months, and it is better suited to lawns that were not properly cared for last year. (I think you mentioned poor maintenance and not much irrigation).
Plenty of staying power is important--you probably have a long hot summer ahead.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

.55 per k is what it says, i used program 1 and split that in half on a few i've done so far. thinking i'm gonna get barricade and use that on any new sales for round #1 and save the dimension for the 2nd half to possibly take advantage of the post emergent control. Would switching between the two products be effective? dimension just costs to much. 64 oz at jdl was gonna be 195 but they matched peststrong.com price and i think i got close to 60 off.

i went back onto those lawns i mentioned and i guess my pre-emergent wasn't a total flop. (i attached some pictures) the first treatment a few weeks back really knocked down what was trying to come up.. thinking i just had a little come through because of all the rain we have had.. I dunno.. but not a total failure.. i've seen way worse... thinking i might have actually done alright after all... there was mostly bittercress, a few patches of young henbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
A split rate of half of .55 per acre followed by the second half--several weeks later is according to the label--I think. But, I would suggest Program Two, as it offers longer protection 4 months as opposed to 3 months, and it is better suited to lawns that were not properly cared for last year. (I think you mentioned poor maintenance and not much irrigation).
Plenty of staying power is important--you probably have a long hot summer ahead.
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am not sure if pendimethalin followed by Dimension is effective as their modes of action are slightly different. Chemical companies do not test for this sort of thing.

So you want to control crabgrass in spring and summer taking advantage of Dimension's post-emergent activity in mid spring and knocking out Poa in fall and the following spring.
Should work.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm talking prodiamine first app, then dimension 2nd.. no pendi. i just found this older thread, might work. http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...69&postcount=6

Last edited by inzane; 02-18-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I do the same thing you are talking about doing I split both pre emergent apps. so 4 total for the year. I use prodiamine, atrazine and simazine at different times. dimension is to pricey when they are just as good products for a lot less. just my 2 cents.