Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-13-2013, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I need help with a mower

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanna say so far I love it. This is my first post. I used to have a small landscaping business and left it to a friend while I left for the army. Well I'm back home now and I'm wanting to get back into the business. I had a quick question about a zero turn I found. I found a 2007 exmark lazer z, it has a 23hp kawi engine with a 50 inch triton deck. (I've heard mixed reviews about the triton) I went to check it out today and thought overall it appeared to be in great shape. It has 678 original hours and it has only been used residentially and always kept under a shed. He's asking 3000 for it but willing to negotiate. I didn't get to drive it around today because its been pouring rain for 4 days straight now and I didn't want to risk destroying his yard or getting the mower stuck. But like I said I got to fire it up and it sounded great, and started with no issue. Also the guy is a mechanic so I'm assuming he takes good care of his stuff. I know I've kinda answered my own question here but does this sound like a good deal? Also what are your opinions of exmark ztr's? Thanks in advanced
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a very good deal. Similar mowers with that amount of hours go for 4k all day long here. Dont push the price too low, as its winter and he probably doesnt NEED to sell it. But that is a very good deal.

There are complaints on here and many other sites about the Triton deck, but I have no personal excperience with them first hand so someone else will have to comment on that aspect of the machine

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 02-13-2013, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Low hour machine for under 3k that is a good deal
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback landfakers! It seemed like a pretty good deal, all the reviews I have seen online so far have sounded pretty promising for the exmarks. No one has really had any negative feedback for them that I've seen. I figured I'd through out maybe 2800 and see if he'd take it. The 678 hours only used residential was really what did it for me. He had about 2-3 acres of land he mows with it, but he bought a small tractor and said he's going to start mowing his property with it and no longer needs the exmark. So I'm really thinking I may jump on this deal
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks joes!! Some people I noticed said in other post that anything over 1500 hours if you planned on commercial use would probably be a bad idea. But that 678 hours is hard to pass up
Posted via Mobile Device