Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-16-2013, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

$17.21 an hour to be away from my son

I'm really starting to wonder if it's worth it. I am fortunate enough to have a full-time position with a company where I can use the time to acquire & schedule jobs for my 2 days off. In the meantime I'm having to hire employees to run delivery's during the work week 'cause I'm totally booked up on the 2 days to squeeze them in. I'm glad they are making money thru me but on a nice day like this the two of us could be out flying the rc plane or something interesting. The worst thing is is that with all the hours I don't have much to show for it. I took the job last November because I didn't know what was coming over the winter but Spring is early & there's plenty of jobs calling. I should really try and buckle expenses down while I'm balancing it all. Not a happy time in my life but it could be the polar opposite couldn't it?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I dont fully know your position with money, time, jobs, and family.

but I can say this much.

The most important thing you can budget is your time, because in the end you cant make that back.
your work, jobs, wife, kids, and whom ever all require time, and you should honestly think about how much should go to each, then figure out how much you need to make and plan your finances in that regaurd.