Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

i went with the emark, got it yesterday, was $1800. out the door, was able to put it to the test today, we did 14 yards with it and i'm really happy. my walker is down for some maintance so i used the 30 only today and it did a great job- started bagging a couple yards and it left a real nice clean cut, then decided to go at the rest mulching and it did a great job, smaller clippings than mulching with the 21 proline, real nice cut. my helper cuts all small backyards with the 21- we were saving alot of time with the 30 on every yard. don't think the 21 is gonna see much action anymore.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Last edited by donslawns; 05-12-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro Turfmaster 30" Commercial mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock Lawns View Post
Well after owning the Toro turf master 30 for like 7 hours and using it for 15 minute before it started to snow here, hereís my review if it dries up tomorrow or Monday Iíll do a little more in-depth one.

Pros:
-Felt like I was cutting twice the grass in the same pass
-as maneuverable as a commercial 21in mower
-bags good (I had small twigs in my yard from the last storm and mulch that washed out and it sucked it right up)
-didnít leave ruts for being a 200lb mower I was cutting when it was drizzling

Cons:
-weight takes 2 people to load in truck bed but the productivity makes up for it
-canít just wip it around like a normal 21 you have kinda make a 3pt/big turn then back up
-the BBC is a little annoying
-height adjust is hard to get used to
-the price of 1800 even though my dealer threw in a free set of blades

Honestly this mower is good but if you already have a 36 stander/wb this is a waste in my opinion but if you donít itís a good purchase, it seems like it has plenty of power but we will see in spring grass. My opinions/pros-cons might change as I get more hours on the mower. Iíll try and do a full review in the next few days.

I just bought the Turfmaster mower and noticed this annoying tapping against the deck from the belt when you engage the blades, I am quite annoyed the dealer didn't tell me about this before i bought the mower, he told me this is normal for this mower and when the belts break in and cables he would be able to adjust it so the noise goes away...did you have this problem and did they fix it?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donslawns View Post
I just bought the Turfmaster mower and noticed this annoying tapping against the deck from the belt when you engage the blades, I am quite annoyed the dealer didn't tell me about this before i bought the mower, he told me this is normal for this mower and when the belts break in and cables he would be able to adjust it so the noise goes away...did you have this problem and did they fix it?
Yes very annoying, however doesn't affect the performance and the fact it mows way faster than a 21. Have been running our mower for over 2 months and have over 100 hours on it and it is still the same. Always wondered if I took the plastic housing off if it would stop, or lessen. Just think of it as our diesel mower!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Yes very annoying, however doesn't affect the performance and the fact it mows way faster than a 21. Have been running our mower for over 2 months and have over 100 hours on it and it is still the same. Always wondered if I took the plastic housing off if it would stop, or lessen. Just think of it as our diesel mower!!!
has anyone had issues with the turfmaster trannys yet? havent heard from you guys who contributed to this thread
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2013, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
has anyone had issues with the turfmaster trannys yet? havent heard from you guys who contributed to this thread
Posted via Mobile Device
No problems as of yet. I would like to see the numbers of sales exmark compared to the toro. That could make a big difference if exmark is selling 10 times what toro sells of the 30 you would hear more complaints out of the exmark.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Member

My toro commercial 30s transmission cable snapped.. It's been in the shop for over a week. And the transmission itself needed adjustment. Was running super slow and wouldn't go up hills.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2013, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting edge lawn care WA View Post
My toro commercial 30s transmission cable snapped.. It's been in the shop for over a week. And the transmission itself needed adjustment. Was running super slow and wouldn't go up hills.
Posted via Mobile Device
Adjust your cable on the left hand side. Improves a bunch. As for snapping the cable??? where at? drive or clutch cable?
Old 06-08-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Clutch cable right at the control bail. Luckily it is under warranty but doesn't help the pain in the ass of dropping it off at dealer and not having it for 2 weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2013, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting edge lawn care WA View Post
Clutch cable right at the control bail. Luckily it is under warranty but doesn't help the pain in the ass of dropping it off at dealer and not having it for 2 weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Need a better dealer unless it takes 2 weeks to get the part. That simple of a fix I would demand it done that day or no more buying equipment and also report to toro.