Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-10-2013, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree. And if it was my everyday use mower I'd raise he'll over this. It's the ONLY dealer within 2.5 hours of me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-12-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Alright. Hate to say it I am kicking myself now. Bought the Turfmaster online since no local dealer had heard of them nor could get them at the time. Now the cable is fraying and they are 3-5 weeks out. Cable is nearly 40 bucks. Trans seems to be becoming weaker and needs a push to get going. Love the cut and machine if these things can get fixed in a reasonable amount of time. emailed toro to see whats up. Will wait for response before I really start bashing. To me you would think if a cable was 40 bucks it could last for more than 3 months. Scrambling to get the exmarks going as they haven't been used hardly at all since we bought the 30.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

exact you might get your wish. Might be buying a timemaster to get me by until the turfmaster is fixed up.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Just ordered a Turfmaster today. Got a great price and hope to see it soon!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I picked up a turfmaster a couple weeks ago and lets just say the 21 inch takes up space on the trailer now a days
Old 06-29-2013, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I see other established guys still running 2 cycle Lawn-Boys that haven't been sold for several years now. Then I read posts about running the Time Master or Turfmaster until they break and buying new ones. What is the service life of these machines ? Is mower quality slipping in general when we discuss mowers almost as disposable items ? Any word if the power issues will be resolved next season ?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Has anyone bagged leaves with this machine yet? It is leaving behind a trail of mulched leaves for me. I am picking up a thin layer of leaves at a time.

thanks
Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray&Christine View Post
Has anyone bagged leaves with this machine yet? It is leaving behind a trail of mulched leaves for me. I am picking up a thin layer of leaves at a time.

thanks
Yes and we had the same problem at first. If you mow above 3" you will have blowout, or if you have your back higher than your front. We found mowing at 2.5 front and back we had little to no blowout. Also make sure you have scraped your deck and gotten rid of the buildup around the opening.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray&Christine View Post

thanks
I left you a message on your other thread.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2013, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Alright. Hate to say it I am kicking myself now. Bought the Turfmaster online since no local dealer had heard of them nor could get them at the time. Now the cable is fraying and they are 3-5 weeks out. Cable is nearly 40 bucks. Trans seems to be becoming weaker and needs a push to get going. Love the cut and machine if these things can get fixed in a reasonable amount of time. emailed toro to see whats up. Will wait for response before I really start bashing. To me you would think if a cable was 40 bucks it could last for more than 3 months. Scrambling to get the exmarks going as they haven't been used hardly at all since we bought the 30.
Sildoc was this a problem with the turfmasters tranny or just the fact that the drive cable was fraying? How does the tranny on the turfmaster act now? Now I'm leaning toward the toro as I tried it out yesterday and liked the controls and they are all out of the ex30 here. Also toro dealer is by my house.
Posted via Mobile Device