Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2013, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking forward to the full review. Lacking caster wheels will hinder it's handling.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Exmark TurfMaster 30" has a bit higher lift blade than the Toro TimeMaster 30".

Just ordered (4) blades from Exmark dealer.

Time will tell.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the fact that if you already have a 36" wb this isnt worth your time but if you are doing small accounts like townhouses this would probably double your production.
Stihl and Echo handhelds
Commercial Applicator Certified in 3A and 3B
Old 02-27-2013, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't agree. I have a 32" and 36" WB but they are not rear baggers, deck height isn't quick like my Toro 30. It's a niche mower as is my yBravo25. I have not used a 21" for well over a year now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidmows View Post
I agree with the fact that if you already have a 36" wb this isnt worth your time but if you are doing small accounts like townhouses this would probably double your production.
I too disagree, we haven't used a 21 in 5 years now, I still have one 21 that my son uses to mow my personal property. I keep it just in case we run into that one property with a ac unit and fence so close nothing else will fit. We have the whole line up from the 25"s to the 52". Yes our 36 gets used the most but I see the 30 being a perfect mower for our new hires and some of our routes will be strictly 30's.
Do I think it is a little over priced right now, YES, but I will recoup the cost of one of these on each route in less than 3 months in labor savings.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
I too disagree, we haven't used a 21 in 5 years now, I still have one 21 that my son uses to mow my personal property. I keep it just in case we run into that one property with a ac unit and fence so close nothing else will fit. We have the whole line up from the 25"s to the 52". Yes our 36 gets used the most but I see the 30 being a perfect mower for our new hires and some of our routes will be strictly 30's.
Do I think it is a little over priced right now, YES, but I will recoup the cost of one of these on each route in less than 3 months in labor savings.
I'll be curious to see if these mowers bag well. Especially wet grass. We currently use Honda 21" commercial mowers. I tried a Quick 32 but it didn't work well for the type of lawns we mow.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
I'll be curious to see if these mowers bag well. Especially wet grass. We currently use Honda 21" commercial mowers. I tried a Quick 32 but it didn't work well for the type of lawns we mow.
I am to. I have tried everything from all the commercial 21's to the larger mowers. The best wet season bagging mower I have found is the Bravo 25 with the newer bag on it.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock Lawns View Post
The full review will be up today for sure
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for all of the info so far.

Looking forward to the full review.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
The BOP Quick 32 can be set up with some extreme jet blast force modified cut down OREGON® SCAG high lift blades to mow under ANY condition. The front tunnel will pack out but you can still mow. The catcher gets insanely heavy.

Sildoc is correct. Nothing bags wet grass better than a yBravo25 with a high vent bag.

I'm still trying to find a retro fit modified blade for the yBravo25 so I can effectively mow efficiently in a total downpour without a second pass.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
The BOP Quick 32 can be set up with some extreme jet blast force modified cut down OREGON® SCAG high lift blades to mow under ANY condition. The front tunnel will pack out but you can still mow. The catcher gets insanely heavy.

Sildoc is correct. Nothing bags wet grass better than a yBravo25 with a high vent bag.

I'm still trying to find a retro fit modified blade for the yBravo25 so I can effectively mow efficiently in a total downpour without a second pass.
Posted via Mobile Device
We use a custom made bag for the Honda. It's a looser mesh and lets more air flow. Does the yBravo hold up to heavy use? I wear a Honda out in 2 to 3 years.