Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
We use a custom made bag for the Honda. It's a looser mesh and lets more air flow. Does the yBravo hold up to heavy use? I wear a Honda out in 2 to 3 years.
Now that just depends on who is running it and what they do when they dump the bagger, Ie. drag it across the boards, throw it on the ground and so on. We get about 2 years out of them possibly 3 if we sew but find it cheaper just to replace the bag at 24 for a regular bag or 35 for the high vent. That is the other reason I like Ybravo is the parts are so cheap it is easier and quicker to replace rather than repair.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

we have no bravo dealers in this area. is there a place i can order online? doyou guys get your parts online?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
we have no bravo dealers in this area. is there a place i can order online? doyou guys get your parts online?
Posted via Mobile Device
It can be done online. Dealer support for me is not huge for me. Parts online and cheaper than Honda and others.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Like exact said we order all our parts online. Our dealer for the Bravo here sucks and with the parts so cheap it is easier for us to keep extras on hand rather than rely on our dealer to have them in stock or get them in a timely manner.
If you do order a ybravo I would recommend having one set of wheel inserts on hand. I have found the guys engage as they are pulling it off the trailer and break these every few months.
I can tell you that the customer support that Ybravo gives (especially Leif) is far better than any other mower manufacture out there. Calls are answered in a timely manner and problems solved. They also take ideas in improving their product, I can tell you a few other companies that don't but won't get into that.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I saw one with an accelerator bagger on it and it looks really nice and I bet its nice having a bag that won't wear out.

I'm still waiting for a few videos on youtube of one of the Ybravo 25's to pop up.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=sildoc;4689496]Like exact said we order all our parts online. what website? how much does the 25 inch run?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

[QUOTE=lawnsaspire;4689575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Like exact said we order all our parts online. what website? how much does the 25 inch run?
Posted via Mobile Device
Co. Has always crazy quick to address any issue. Might post a YouTube video when I'm caught up....don't hold your breath.

Ybravo should become a site sponsor and update their FB page. I have an old thread going back almost 2 years and it has a slide show when the mower shinny and new. I kept the demo unit and bought it.

A combo of yBravo25 and Toro/Exmark 30" of whatever flavor should eliminate the need of a 21" mower 90% of the time.

I do confess that last season I'd often pull my yBravo25 off my trailer for the T30....unless it was really wet out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; 02-27-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Don't agree. I have a 32" and 36" WB but they are not rear baggers, deck height isn't quick like my Toro 30. It's a niche mower as is my yBravo25. I have not used a 21" for well over a year now.
Posted via Mobile Device
this statement is exactly the reason i started looking at the 30 inch units. Im probably going with the exmark 30 because I may be getting a good deal on one. I called Exmark a few times, and discovered a mulch kit is seperate for their mower. So IF i get one, ill have both high lift, and a low lift blade to experiment with. The exmark guy said it will mulck ok without the mulch kit added, but mulches MUCH better with the kit installed. Not sure what the toro offers, but figured Id add that statment in here for anybody looking at these 30 inch units.

Now, regarding the bagging, i noticed the bagger on the exmark (assuming the toro turfmaster is the same) is the same size as their exmark 21....and that part bothers me a little. So in tall grass, when your constanly having to empy the bag on a 21, I can just see the bag filling up VERY quickly on the 30. Most of my lawns are mulching, so this wont be too much of a problem. BUT i have 2 customers that require bagging. They also want a lower cut than most of my other lawns. Because I have to change height AND bag, AND switch from mulch to bagging, i figured the 30 inch mower is a better choice than a WB 32 or 36. Also, the 30 wil fit through smaller gates.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower

Last edited by rbljack; 02-27-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Had no idea there was a mulch kit for the Exmark 30....?

If forced to bag I love my TM30 since fewer clippings are generated and it's so easy the adjust the height. I do mine with engine running on even blades engaged...one handed. Don't try this at home. Trust me this is safer than hand propping a Cessna 180 so don't get uppity with me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm really thinking about getting the Exmark 30". Only reason is the the control bail. I really don't mind the Toro "all in one" type bail, but I do prefer the style on the Exmark. I'm concerned a lot about the blades and the cutting capabilities in weekly growth too. When there's 6 inches of weekly growth, I know we have to slow down, but my other mowers can get through it fine usually. I don't want to get this Exmark and find that it just flat won't cut in those conditions... I've heard the timemaster was a turd for cutting anything more than a couple inches off, it would leave a strip uncut in the center and clog constantly if the grass was wet or too tall. Like others said, I was REALLY hoping to see some better high-lift bagging dedicated blades. I'm not afraid to modify blades either, I've done it for my 33" Troybilt with a die grinder and carbide bit (center hole size and shape), finding the right length for this machine will be the trick though.

My thought is, get the 30" and park my 36" walker most of the time... It rides around on the trailer more than it gets used really anyway, and that's a lot of excess weight to lug around every day for use of some back yards. My help could run the 30" easily too.

I also wonder why they haven't came out with a swivel front wheel option? I have ZERO problems with the swivel wheels on my troybilt, even on slopes. It's a light machine so it's pretty simple to keep it pointed in the direction you want to go. The weight to turn the toro will be a consideration. I don't want something so cumbersome that the "long way" is the only way I'll want to run it to cut down on turns. I know you MUST alternate cut directions with a mower like this, rutting WILL be an issue otherwise. A few other guys in town have 26" exmarks and they leave tracks bad where they are too lazy to change patterns weekly.