Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2013, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Now that just depends on who is running it and what they do when they dump the bagger, Ie. drag it across the boards, throw it on the ground and so on. We get about 2 years out of them possibly 3 if we sew but find it cheaper just to replace the bag at 24 for a regular bag or 35 for the high vent. That is the other reason I like Ybravo is the parts are so cheap it is easier and quicker to replace rather than repair.
I was talking about the mower not the bag.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
I was talking about the mower not the bag.
You were talking about bags, you should have stated you were talking about the whole mower after talking about bags.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Compared TimeMaster Vs TurfMaster Today

Now to be up front I didn't run the machines, merely observational.

Both machines had same style spindles, almost identical baggers, transmissions appeared identical.

The weight difference of the TurfMaster being heavier was very noticeable. I would assume the weight differential would definitely take a toll on someone after 4 or 5 properties, depending on your physical condition.

TurfMaster larger gas tank, easier height adjustment, not by much but noticeable. TurfMaster had a fuel filter, TimeMaster did not.

Deck identical other than the bull-nose on the TurfMaster.

There were a few other subtle differences but the biggest obviously, well two, the Kawi versus the Briggs. Kawi about 180cc, Briggs about 190cc. Doesn't mean much to me, Kawi is usually under-rated.

Price tag, TurfMaster about $1700 depending on your market, $1000 for TimeMaster.

For the price difference, I really don't see the value in purchasing the TurfMaster over the TimeMaster.

That's my take...
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think the price is ok, considering a commercial 21" is between 900-1200 bucks and a homeowner one is 250-400, the difference is durability, the timemaster has proven to not withstand commercial use, uts also a new segment in the mower industry, so time will tell if its just a fad or here to stay. I held off getting a timemaster in anticipation of the turfmaster, to me its worth a shot.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
I think the price is ok, considering a commercial 21" is between 900-1200 bucks and a homeowner one is 250-400, the difference is durability, the timemaster has proven to not withstand commercial use, uts also a new segment in the mower industry, so time will tell if its just a fad or here to stay. I held off getting a timemaster in anticipation of the turfmaster, to me its worth a shot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah...well there was a review by an LCO last spring who used them commercially as main mowers and he claimed it held up.

Time will tell I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy123 View Post
Now to be up front I didn't run the machines, merely observational.

Both machines had same style spindles, almost identical baggers, transmissions appeared identical.

The weight difference of the TurfMaster being heavier was very noticeable. I would assume the weight differential would definitely take a toll on someone after 4 or 5 properties, depending on your physical condition.

TurfMaster larger gas tank, easier height adjustment, not by much but noticeable. TurfMaster had a fuel filter, TimeMaster did not.

Deck identical other than the bull-nose on the TurfMaster.

There were a few other subtle differences but the biggest obviously, well two, the Kawi versus the Briggs. Kawi about 180cc, Briggs about 190cc. Doesn't mean much to me, Kawi is usually under-rated.

Price tag, TurfMaster about $1700 depending on your market, $1000 for TimeMaster.

For the price difference, I really don't see the value in purchasing the TurfMaster over the TimeMaster.

That's my take...

Did you mean that Kawasaki are usually overrated?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

One year does not rate as commercially proven.

My Toro 21 Super Recyclers easily lasted a full year...but I bought a new one every Spring to be sure.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the guy that had the highest regard for the timemaster on her claimed he bought four and used each for over 600 hrs. in a yr. He said he never changed oil and had minimal repairs. Don't know if it's true, but if it is, I'd choose the Timemaster over the Turfmaster. If the biggest difference is the engine, I'm not sure it's worth the extra 800. I was really pleased to hear you could purchase a higher lift blade from exmark.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
Did you mean that Kawasaki are usually overrated?
LOL...well maybe for some. I've had good experience with Kawi but I'm sure others would disagree.