Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-14-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape install/mulch dump trailer setup pic request.

pretty much i need a trailer for my truck. the install crew has a crew cab fuso 12' dump with toolbox in between cab. My father drives a fuso fe180 regular cab 16' flatbed dump.
Since i drive my truck(2005 2500hd ext.lb duramax) I need some sort of trailer for pretty much daily use. i was gonna use dump insert, but i have stacks, and a toolbox. I would also like to keep the bed as open as possible.

i was thinking about just plain old dual axle landscape trailer, but considering we only do installs, land clearing, fencing, etc. I think a dump trailer might be best.

Im looking to see pictures of full rigs(trucks included) headed out to a job fully loaded with all your tools for installs (wheelbarrows, hand tools, power tools, ladders etc.) packed up and organized.

I dont want to go 16' dump trailer, so i wont have as much space in the trailer for tools, so would just like to see how you organize yours while full of material.

SO POST EM UP!!!!

thanks,
Hank
Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Look for a goose neck dump trailer with an equipment area up front and dump bed on the back. This will be easy to pull and extremely versatile.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont have any pics yet but im running a 5x10 big tex dual axle dump trailer with a 1500 silverado that will have helper springs. then i usually just put my wheel barrows and tools in my bed. I can fit a 10cu ft dual wheel brettwood and a 6cu single wheel with all most shovels rakes pitch forks blowers and anything else i need. I am looking at a 2500 which can tow 9200 i think so you could go bigger but i want to be able to tow this trailer with either a 1500 or 2500. I can haul 5 yards with the 1500 6 with a 2500 which would be around 7000 pounds which the trailer is rated for.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
Look for a goose neck dump trailer with an equipment area up front and dump bed on the back. This will be easy to pull and extremely versatile.
I would KILL for one of those, but im still in school, and that is past my budget, i am looking around at used dump trailers.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
i dont have any pics yet but im running a 5x10 big tex dual axle dump trailer with a 1500 silverado that will have helper springs. then i usually just put my wheel barrows and tools in my bed. I can fit a 10cu ft dual wheel brettwood and a 6cu single wheel with all most shovels rakes pitch forks blowers and anything else i need. I am looking at a 2500 which can tow 9200 i think so you could go bigger but i want to be able to tow this trailer with either a 1500 or 2500. I can haul 5 yards with the 1500 6 with a 2500 which would be around 7000 pounds which the trailer is rated for.
Thanks for the input....would love to see pics when you can! I however, am looking for a 12, to 14k trailer. i would love to be able to pull 5 tons of topsoil!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
Thanks for the input....would love to see pics when you can! I however, am looking for a 12, to 14k trailer. i would love to be able to pull 5 tons of topsoil!
with a 2500 dmax i would the 2500 im looking at is gas. Being able to pull either trailer with either truck for me is awesome especially if i were to lose the 2500 and had a trailer to big for the 1500 id be screwed. Ill get u pics asap
Old 04-14-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Check these out. http://midsotamfg.com/pages/FlatFrontRearDumpTrailer
Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

like i said...i am really looking toward used, i can afford 8-10k worth of trailer right now.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
like i said...i am really looking toward used, i can afford 8-10k worth of trailer right now.
I know what you mean, its wishful thinking for me as well. I would look at a basic SS or equipment trailer. You can add a 2"x12" board around the sides using the stake pockets and have enough capacity to move equipment but also be able to haul dirt, mulch, rock or pallets.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here is a 2013 Big Tex 14,000 GVWR gooseneck dump. It's in Oregon, but it gives you an idea of what's out there.

http://bend.craigslist.org/fod/3667962641.html
Posted via Mobile Device