Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Member

cemetary help

hey guys got a call to price a cemetary to mow has roughly 3200 head stones. how would you price it
Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

High enough to cover all my costs and put lots of money in the bank. Cemeteries are hell so if you don't or have not done one you better think twice. Search it out on here, there are tons of idiots that obviously don't know how to bid their work who have asked the same question.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

How many acres? Who cleans flowers from plots? is it a newer cemetery? There are a lot of questions when looking at bidding cemeteries. Pictures would help.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
How many acres? Who cleans flowers from plots? is it a newer cemetery? There are a lot of questions when looking at bidding cemeteries. Pictures would help.
it both old and new I would say 6 acres all flat they clean flowers and trash
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2013, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My ballpark with no pics would be around $500 per mow based on weekly mowing, $700 bi weekly, or 950 as needed.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A bunch of money. As stated before, if they are calling you and you are new to mowing there is a reason. Graveyards are sooooo tuff on the equipment and everything else. And they usually pay the least.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

My advice is if you are not one with your mower you better be very careful. I am the only person that rubs my mower and I can put the ol gal anywhere it will fit, a cemetery will test you to a point of breaking. I do a 5 acre cemetery and I charge them 400 per cut . They spray all the walls and stones and pickup all trash and flowers. I didn't want it but they called and wanted me so I took it and I took it cheap because I honestly only mow it on weekends and I enjoy an adult beverage while I mow, not while I trim. Just watch ur butt man I am telling you it will test you in every wag just make sure you are making money. How much is up to you.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
My ballpark with no pics would be around $500 per mow based on weekly mowing, $700 bi weekly, or 950 as needed.
They want every week Apr may June. July Aug every other. Would u keep prices the same
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

What about Sep Oct and Nov? I'd say 575 per mow based on 20 (example) mowings. Any mowings above that number will be an additional amount. We have a cemetery that is mowed as needed but they only wanted us to mow it x amount of times. It was at our descretion, then there would be a funeral so we would have to mow it a day or two before and we exceeded that number. Like the others have said make sure YOU are making the kind of money you want, cemeteries will wear out both equipment and employees.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
What about Sep Oct and Nov? I'd say 575 per mow based on 20 (example) mowings. Any mowings above that number will be an additional amount. We have a cemetery that is mowed as needed but they only wanted us to mow it x amount of times. It was at our descretion, then there would be a funeral so we would have to mow it a day or two before and we exceeded that number. Like the others have said make sure YOU are making the kind of money you want, cemeteries will wear out both equipment and employees.
they want every other week in them months also we bid it last year at 750 and they said we were over 200 more than the lowest bid