Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Help me with commercial

I have joined a referral group and at the end of the meetings we go around and present our business with a 30 second verbal commercial I was wondering what you guys would say about your company if you had to do it?
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck with the BNI group, I found them to be a waste of time and resources for me. The groups around here were all white collar, lawyers, real estate, accountant etc, I never got any good results from it and the meetings were weekly at 7am when I was supposed to be getting my guys out for the day...

Any way, you will want to mix up you 30 second speech and not just repeat yourself every week.

You will want to pretend that each time you speak, you are in front of a new audience. some ideas

Introduce yourself and your company.
Tell them an overview of what you do (quick).
ie. we are full service, mowing, planting, pavers, walls
Tell them the areas you service, it might be outside of where the group meets.
Maybe give them something new that they dont know about your company, ie, we are using propane on our mowers to help the environment.
End with telling them what type of referral you are looking for, ie. in the in the winter we are looking for full service commercial customers, spring we are looking for full maintenance residential customers, in summer we want patios and retaining walls, in the fall we want planting jobs.

Make sure they know what services you provide and what you are looking to get from them otherwise you have no shot at making it work.

Good luck, and be ready for your 7 minute company highlight speech.....that is the tough one, but you really only need 5 minutes, use the last 2 for questions, you will be surprised at what people really dont know about what you do....