Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
maybe lock them down in the trailer some how. But it seems like it could be a back killer at the end of the day when you have open and closed that door a few dozen times. Yes sometimes i guess u got to do that stuff just to keep the thieves away.
The whole idea of a enclosed trailer is so you dont have to lock the things in side it. It might seems like a back killer but i would rather be sore then have to go spend 500 dollars!!
48in Yazoo Esteem
48in John Deere GS45
42in toro time cutter
Husqvarna 128LD with all attachments
2 Echo PB-265LN back pack blowers
1 Echo PB-500H Back pack blower
1 Echo CS-450 Chain saw
Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

umm there are MANY ideas behind enclosed trailers.

personally when actually working I use my enclosed trailer as I would an open trailer. ramp door hits the pavement as soon as I arrive and doesn't go up until I'm finished using whatever equipment I take out the rear ramp. which happens to be my trimmers, edgers and mowers. then the side door opens and stays open until I'm finished using whatever equipment I take out the side door. which happens to be my blower.

my reason for using an enclosed trailer is primarily to keep my equipment from the elements. secondly I can lock things up overnight by just locking the ramp door and side door. and thirdly when working in the field it takes a closer look to see what I actually have in there rather than observing an open trailer from a distance or driving by. you can't see inside an enclosed trailer as well or quickly as you can see what's on an open trailer when driving by or taking a quick look from across the street while walking.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
umm there are MANY ideas behind enclosed trailers.

personally when actually working I use my enclosed trailer as I would an open trailer. ramp door hits the pavement as soon as I arrive and doesn't go up until I'm finished using whatever equipment I take out the rear ramp. which happens to be my trimmers, edgers and mowers. then the side door opens and stays open until I'm finished using whatever equipment I take out the side door. which happens to be my blower.

my reason for using an enclosed trailer is primarily to keep my equipment from the elements. secondly I can lock things up overnight by just locking the ramp door and side door. and thirdly when working in the field it takes a closer look to see what I actually have in there rather than observing an open trailer from a distance or driving by. you can't see inside an enclosed trailer as well or quickly as you can see what's on an open trailer when driving by or taking a quick look from across the street while walking.
Good points and if some one going into my trailer with out asking me first is a big no no and that will get my attention very very fast and i wont be to happy. hasn't happen yet and i don't plan on it happening any time soon haha!
48in Yazoo Esteem
48in John Deere GS45
42in toro time cutter
Husqvarna 128LD with all attachments
2 Echo PB-265LN back pack blowers
1 Echo PB-500H Back pack blower
1 Echo CS-450 Chain saw
Old 02-27-2013, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khutch View Post
NREDO, you must be south of Texas....Better be careful who you shoot -
This quote is from the link in CYLDEBUSA's post - A Houston man shot two guys at a neighbors property and was arrested and then targeted for revenge...

A death threat was made anonymously to the district attorney in which the following was said: "Don't worry about my name. But what you better do, you better indict Joe Horn, and you better find him guilty. Because if you don't, somebody is gonna kill him on the outside, and if he goes to prison he's gonna get killed on the inside. It's as simple as that. They waiting on him in prison, and we're waiting on him on the outside. We gonna kill that mother fvcker. Bye."

Bad guys are bad guys and they know bad guys, and they really like fvcking with people.....
A little different .. Joe went next door and shot them .. I said "come in MY house"
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nredo View Post
A little different .. Joe went next door and shot them .. I said "come in MY house"
I hear ya Nredo - Homeowners have more rights w/the law than if you are on someone else property.

My post was about the bad guys and their crew coming back for revenge.
And I hear that happens way more than we think. Look, they mess if w/people for no good reason, they darn tootin' going to come back for you for messin' with one of them.
Accelerator Baggers
Toro 21"
Honda 21"
Sthil 110 4-Mix String Trimmer
Sthil 420 BP Blower
Echo 755 Blower
Sthil HS-81 Hedge Trimmer
Spyker Spreader
Plugr PL 800 WB Aerator
Lawn Soultions WB Aerator

Echo BP Sprayers
Old 03-02-2013, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Used to do 60 accounts in south Florida in the early 90's and yes I would close the tralier just as described , otherwise you might come back to find someone living in it