Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-07-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

On your 5th service visit to the property. No offence to you but that pack that has all the add gose straight to the trash most times there is just way to much stuff in them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I'm not paying a dime for it so if I pickup 1 client or 30 ill be happy
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Going to sign the papers tommrow on this
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That's a nice truck, especially for a youngster!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Get an older diesel, u wont regret it plus less to pay off
BOSS plows
Echo and Exmark gear
Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I applaud you on being honest and admitting your stepdad helps you out. So many kids on here think that any critique means we think they can't work or are not responsible etc. It has nothing to do with a 14 year old's work ethic - the bottom line is that they cannot drive, get liscensed, get insured, finance equipment etc. There are just too many barriers for a teenager to do it without help - regardless of how hard or good they work. Having said that, it really looks like you are motivated, organized, and pretty darn professional! I have no doubts that when you do turn 18 and many of the barriers are removed you will hit the ground running and your business will thrive. I just don't understand why you want to deal with all the hedaches of this business at such a young age. Its nothing against you, and I am not saying you can't do it, I just wonder why? There are so many more fun things for a 14 year old to do. Best of luck and stay safe!
Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
5 x 8 landscape trailer w/rack
SOLO OPERATION
84 accounts cutting grass and loving it!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a clear difference lawn View Post
I applaud you on being honest and admitting your stepdad helps you out. So many kids on here think that any critique means we think they can't work or are not responsible etc. It has nothing to do with a 14 year old's work ethic - the bottom line is that they cannot drive, get liscensed, get insured, finance equipment etc. There are just too many barriers for a teenager to do it without help - regardless of how hard or good they work. Having said that, it really looks like you are motivated, organized, and pretty darn professional! I have no doubts that when you do turn 18 and many of the barriers are removed you will hit the ground running and your business will thrive. I just don't understand why you want to deal with all the hedaches of this business at such a young age. Its nothing against you, and I am not saying you can't do it, I just wonder why? There are so many more fun things for a 14 year old to do. Best of luck and stay safe!
Lucklay my step dad has good credit and backs the company because it just established credit like 3 months ago the step dad legally owns the company till I'm 18 so we can be all legal I do carry 3 mill or liability essentlay I'm just a laboror you could say even tho it's my company I won't own it legally till I'm 18 step dad drives me and hopefully when I pick up about 10more yards ill be able to hire a part time employee so I can work when step dads at work. and honestly I'd rather be doing this at 14 making a future for myself rather then drinking smoking partying or other stupid stuff my friends do lol but I only mow Thursday and Friday after my step dad gets home at 4 and all sat so I do stil have time to hangout with my friends
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2013, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock Lawns View Post
Lucklay my step dad has good credit and backs the company because it just established credit like 3 months ago the step dad legally owns the company till I'm 18 so we can be all legal I do carry 3 mill or liability essentlay I'm just a laboror you could say even tho it's my company I won't own it legally till I'm 18 step dad drives me and hopefully when I pick up about 10more yards ill be able to hire a part time employee so I can work when step dads at work. and honestly I'd rather be doing this at 14 making a future for myself rather then drinking smoking partying or other stupid stuff my friends do lol but I only mow Thursday and Friday after my step dad gets home at 4 and all sat so I do stil have time to hangout with my friends
Posted via Mobile Device
I have to say I'm impressed! You definitely have a great start! Wish I could of had a start like that. You definitely have a great grasp at it right now so keep of the good work, good luck to ya.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Few updates
Truck will be ready for pickup Tuesday and I aculty got a yard from buying the truck lol

Magnets I had made untill I get the truck and have it lettered
And last the first yard or the season mowing

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2013, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's the thread with my new truck !http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=400971
Posted via Mobile Device