Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can't Stop Tweaking My Site

I've had my site for over a year and it has definitely already paid for itself, but if you're bored and want to give some feedback (both bad and good) that'd be great.

www.RandWlawncare.com

Don't just be nice to be nice, let's hear some real feedback
26in Exmark Metro
Honda Push Mowers
Stihl Trimmers
BR-600 Blowers

O-H-...
Not my President
Old 02-20-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

First thing that I noticed: I had to search (ie read through content) to find out where you are servicing. [Hello neighbor BTW, I'm up by Henderson] Another thing that needs to stand out when I hit your page is your phone number.

The rest of this is going to be an overall review, some things may be out of your control since you are using weebly, which I don't know how limited you are.

The page itself is pretty plain, but on the plus side it is clean and plain and could be added to to spruce it up.

You have some room to work on SEO for your site, while you do have descriptions, them along with your title and the only header tag (an H2, btw, should have an H1) is plainly just your company.

Even when I go to your contact us page, I had to look to find your number, again, should be right out there for me to find. Also, big personal preference for me, an @gmail.com account is not professional. (and I know a few companies that have issues with their clients not getting email as spam filters hit easier on mail coming from their servers.

The Turf Management page, has centered text not good. (give "justified" a try). Also you have all but the L set to bold in "Lawn Mowing" on that page.

The Lawnscape Care page, really stands out as bad formatted text due to spacing issues and that you are just using hyphens to make lists, instead of using actual lists.

Hardscapes also has the same issues with lists.

The Contact Us page, the form istelf has hard to read working due to color choice (mainly your "interested services" sections), and again, the spacing/formatting of text at the bottom really looks bad.

A big plus, you have some (IMO) great pictures of your work. Keep adding to them.

The site has a good start, but very basic information presented, especially if you want to get anywhere with SEO work. That being said, avoid what a lot of people do which is go find information on other sites and copy and paste it to your site.

-Greg

PS. you mentioned you have been working on it for over a year, have you been on weebly the whole time and just tweaking that site, or did you have something else to begin with?

Last edited by greg8872; 02-20-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the review and yeah you are very close and i have had it for over a year and continue to add new stuff. I'm currently changing some stuff, thanks for the review and good luck this season
26in Exmark Metro
Honda Push Mowers
Stihl Trimmers
BR-600 Blowers

O-H-...
Not my President
Old 02-21-2013, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Oddly enough, I live closer to you than Greg does. I probably go by your house once a week when I jog that route. lol Welcome to the small world of Upper Arlington and the Lawnsite Web Forum.

Greg pretty much covered the issues I see.

- The text formatting really needs some work.

- Read the archives here of past reviews. Much of the SEO-related things we point out in most reviews are applicable to your site.

- Add context to your gallery so people, and the search engines, know what they're looking at.

- Work in some locally-focused content. Upper Arlington has money to spend. Help them do so by letting the search engines know that you're in their area.

- Add your service area. Do you work Hilliard and Dublin? Get that content in there.

- Work on creating the (tedious) off-site citations (yahoo/bing/google local, superpages, yellowpages, etc).
Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the info and my gosh it's a small world after all. Any suggestions on how to create the off-site citations? good luck this season
26in Exmark Metro
Honda Push Mowers
Stihl Trimmers
BR-600 Blowers

O-H-...
Not my President