Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,367
Do you have the capital to get a subcontractor under contract for the amount of clients you expect to get?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:21 AM
SydneyLawnCare SydneyLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 69
What do you mean? In terms of getting a legal contract created by a lawyer?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,367
What is the name of the company that does door hangers for 100% commision? I would like to hire them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyLawnCare View Post
What do you mean? In terms of getting a legal contract created by a lawyer?
Subs dont start for free. They will want money up front for large contracts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 AM
SydneyLawnCare SydneyLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 69
Haha, like I said before: Think outside the box.

I hired distributors , didn't go get charged insane amounts of money from a distributing company.

If you want to hire them, sorry not possible but what is possible: Hire people who will do that.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM
SydneyLawnCare SydneyLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 69
Of course they do. Our customers will be asked under contract to make an upfront payment that THEY CAN GET BACK whenever they want but they will be told we must take the payment in order to service them.

Customers won't take their money back for no reason when they know its being used for a proper reason. (To service them.. which is why they signed up in the first place!)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:30 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyLawnCare View Post
Of course they do. Our customers will be asked under contract to make an upfront payment that THEY CAN GET BACK whenever they want but they will be told we must take the payment in order to service them.

Customers won't take their money back for no reason when they know its being used for a proper reason. (To service them.. which is why they signed up in the first place!)
Again you obviously have never worked with subcontractors.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 AM
WPLC's Avatar
WPLC WPLC is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MI
Posts: 102
[QUOTE=SydneyLawnCare;4683686]Triple fliers as in multi step marketing? 3 flyer drops to each house in total? If so, that's very smart especially with the amount of homes he's hitting! No wonder he's monopolising and has the money to buy another LCO for $500,000. Good on him.

He has owned several businesses in the past. Managing businesses is pretty much his hobby, not how he makes a living. He puts a round out at the end of February, then mid march, and another at the end of March. They say the magic number is 3x, so I guess that's what he figures. All his fliers are black ink on colored paper, so this year I am printing out 25000 colored gloss fliers to try to "one up" him. All his fliers are rubberbanded to the door as are mine because we have the same delivery guy. He charges me $2000 to hand out 25,000 which i thought was one hell of a deal.
__________________
Chevy Trucks
Exmark Mowers
Stihl Handhelds
Redmax Blowers
Boss Front Blades
Ebling Back Blades
20 Years Old
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM
SydneyLawnCare SydneyLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 69
[QUOTE=WPLC;4683788]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyLawnCare View Post
Triple fliers as in multi step marketing? 3 flyer drops to each house in total? If so, that's very smart especially with the amount of homes he's hitting! No wonder he's monopolising and has the money to buy another LCO for $500,000. Good on him.

He has owned several businesses in the past. Managing businesses is pretty much his hobby, not how he makes a living. He puts a round out at the end of February, then mid march, and another at the end of March. They say the magic number is 3x, so I guess that's what he figures. All his fliers are black ink on colored paper, so this year I am printing out 25000 colored gloss fliers to try to "one up" him. All his fliers are rubberbanded to the door as are mine because we have the same delivery guy. He charges me $2000 to hand out 25,000 which i thought was one hell of a deal.
That's great bro! Learn what he's doing and 1-UP it. Innovation at its best. That seems like a great deal. He's practically working minimum wage isn't he!?

Also, it seems like the guy your talking about is an entrepreneur. May I ask what he does in terms of contracting the work out? Does he use employees or does he contract? Whichever of the both, what percentage do you reckon goes towards the labour side of things?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 AM
WPLC's Avatar
WPLC WPLC is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MI
Posts: 102
[QUOTE=SydneyLawnCare;4683792]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPLC View Post

That's great bro! Learn what he's doing and 1-UP it. Innovation at its best. That seems like a great deal. He's practically working minimum wage isn't he!?

Also, it seems like the guy your talking about is an entrepreneur. May I ask what he does in terms of contracting the work out? Does he use employees or does he contract? Whichever of the both, what percentage do you reckon goes towards the labour side of things?
Ya, I'm not sure how my flier guy makes any money. The only services he offers is lawn care, bush trimming, aeration, spring & fall cleanups, etc. Fertilization, Weed control, hardscaping, sprinkler installation, hydroseeding, is all subbed out to the same person I sub. my stuff out too. This company doesn't mow lawns, so any lawns they get are either subbed to me or him. I believe his big money maker is snowplowing though. He has about 1200 driveways with about 7 employees, which means his employees are doing 170 driveways each a night. Every truck has a 16 foot ebling back blade which will clean the driveway in one sweep, and they just spread the snow in the road which is illegal, obviously, but they do it.
__________________
Chevy Trucks
Exmark Mowers
Stihl Handhelds
Redmax Blowers
Boss Front Blades
Ebling Back Blades
20 Years Old
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.07458 seconds with 7 queries