Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2013, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I love the blade. People always ask what it is. I saw this one zoysia lawn that has part of the turf on a large incline. Every week, you see the white circles where it was weedeated...looks terrible.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Using the Landscape Blade instead of string also discourages thatching on the edges and at least the cut matches the rest of the lawn if a reel is used. I normally do not touch mowing, but have had to do it on one $10 million property because the last guy butchered the Emerald zoysia with string, never mind letting it get over 4" thick by running a rotary on it instead of a reel.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
Hey guys I bought a bluebird verticutter an am a little perplexed here. I was told the flail blades that come on the machine will verticut but if you go on bluebirds webpage, it specifically says the delta blade is for Verticutting. Any feedback??
Posted via Mobile Device
A flail blade by it's design is not able to "Verticut". When it gets into heavier grasses it bends back and does not cut through the fiber. This action tends to do more harm than good by damaging the plants rather than cutting them. A blade that slices through the runners i.e. a Verticut Blade is what you want. That would be a fixed blade with a sharp edge. This will let your machine cut the plants and down to the soil for venting removing the least amount of thatch.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfcobob View Post
A flail blade by it's design is not able to "Verticut". When it gets into heavier grasses it bends back and does not cut through the fiber. This action tends to do more harm than good by damaging the plants rather than cutting them. A blade that slices through the runners i.e. a Verticut Blade is what you want. That would be a fixed blade with a sharp edge. This will let your machine cut the plants and down to the soil for venting removing the least amount of thatch.
That's why I was confused. I had this guy telling me that all the companies here use the flail blades but maybe he meant for dethatching. Bluebirds webpage strictly says the delta blade is for actual Verticutting.
Posted via Mobile Device