Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Help me figure out how to fit trimmer racks on my trailer please.

Ok well I got this 6.10-10 foot tandem trailer with 4 foot sides for a good price at $650. So I'm looking to put a 3 piece trimmer rack on the passenger side but I think the damn tandem wheel fender is in the way. There is only 34 inches on space from top of sides to bottom of sides where the fender starts. I really would rather not put the racks on the front of the trailer. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone know of any racks that would fit? I'll post pictures of trailer below. Thanks a bunch for any help!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is link to pictures of trailer.

http://jackson.craigslist.org/for/3611842507.html
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Most all should fit since most trailer with the 4' side have them already but I have the extreme racks on my mowing trailer and they are very nice. A little expensive but impossible to steal my weed eaters unless someone leaves it unlocked.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

It looks like a piece of angle iron where the fender is mounted. If that's at least 3 feet long I'd buy the xtreme rack and mount to that with the 90 degree brackets off that angle iron and the top rail. It'll be solid as a rock. Looking at the pictures you might need to move the trailer lights to use all 3 spots.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah buy at you can see in pics that I only have 34 inches clearance from fender to top of the 4ft walls. So I'm needing a rack that is or less than 34 inches so it can mount but most I see with three trimmers is 38-48 inches long. I don't want to mount on front. Man I'm bout ready just to sell this thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2013, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would cut those sides right off!! what a pain in the ass they will be. Just do a regular rail and mount normal. You re just creating more of a hassle. Those high sides are worthless. And no they won't help with leaves It will never work efficiently.. You won't ever fill the space and you can pile branches that high anyway. Cut em off to regular...
Old 02-21-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like the high sides to put sign advertisement on the drivers side. That way when Im parked every car that drives by will see my info. Also I can mount a cage on front. But the trimmer rack deal has really ped me off. If I can figure the trinmer rack deal on the passenger side and do my advertising on the driver side and do a cage on front its a kick ass little trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder if a welder could just weld some hooks in that 34 inches to fit three trimmers and he could weld a latch to one side to lock the trimmers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

A welder can do anything... Put lettering on your truck. Looks way more pro. Signs on open trailers are ghetto. Be sleek, simple and efficient.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm didnt realize that's "ghetto" I've seen some really nice ones.
IMHO Id rather have nice signs on trailer and a sleek nice clean truck with no lettering or advertisements.

Im thinking I'm gonna do the welder option depending on cost. I laid out three trimmers and 34 inches is enough space with 3 hooks and latch system above the trailer fender.Then put small very nice sign on side and one on back gate. The side sign with graphic imagery etc and one on back gate just lettering.
Posted via Mobile Device