Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with what you say Thorton! Unfortunately the cheapskates don't seem to care who cuts their grass. Licensed, insured or not. That's part of the problem too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2013, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderhoff Landscaping View Post
I agree with what you say Thorton! Unfortunately the cheapskates don't seem to care who cuts their grass. Licensed, insured or not. That's part of the problem too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes I agree , these people are the fuel for the fire , they are the ones that create that ability for these people , but I do not believe these people are the types of customers a business would want I mean after all there will always be someone that will do it cheaper. Look at auto mechanics , there are tons of them , but the good ones charge alot and still have plenty of business , you can never replace quality in my opinion. example just last week got a call from customer , had a subcontractor guy working with me last year , he was trying to do his own thing but can not seem to make his business work. he has poor quality and is not reliable, I told him mid last year he was done , he was snooping in my customer info , customer told me he stopped by last week I charge $120 cut its a decent lawn , he stops by with some other guy he is working with now and gives her this big speal and says he will do it for $100 , lol she said no , why??? because she knows that what people say and do is two different things. I am shure he is doing this to some of my other accounts so what , anyone that takes him will be calling me back mid year and I will raise there price to take them back. People who want quality will pay a resonable price , let the vulchers have the road kill.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
Yes I agree , these people are the fuel for the fire , they are the ones that create that ability for these people , but I do not believe these people are the types of customers a business would want I mean after all there will always be someone that will do it cheaper. Look at auto mechanics , there are tons of them , but the good ones charge alot and still have plenty of business , you can never replace quality in my opinion. example just last week got a call from customer , had a subcontractor guy working with me last year , he was trying to do his own thing but can not seem to make his business work. he has poor quality and is not reliable, I told him mid last year he was done , he was snooping in my customer info , customer told me he stopped by last week I charge $120 cut its a decent lawn , he stops by with some other guy he is working with now and gives her this big speal and says he will do it for $100 , lol she said no , why??? because she knows that what people say and do is two different things. I am shure he is doing this to some of my other accounts so what , anyone that takes him will be calling me back mid year and I will raise there price to take them back. People who want quality will pay a resonable price , let the vulchers have the road kill.
That's pretty low for a sub to do that. I would never go and solicit myself to someone who I already know has someone to take care of their property. That just seems to lack some sort of ethic to me! If someone calls me to inquire about service then thats a different story. That was good that your customer said no to him. How did he get a hold of your customers? Just going door to door? In either case that's just wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderhoff Landscaping View Post
That's pretty low for a sub to do that. I would never go and solicit myself to someone who I already know has someone to take care of their property. That just seems to lack some sort of ethic to me! If someone calls me to inquire about service then thats a different story. That was good that your customer said no to him. How did he get a hold of your customers? Just going door to door? In either case that's just wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea he stopped by her house with some other guy thats supose to be his business partner lol
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

It is sad when you need to ask your laborers to sign a no compete . Now that's a scrub.
Posted via Mobile Device